This was a quick card for my post to The Alphabet Game on Craftworld.com for the letter N and the third day in my challenge to myself to make five cards from the Autumn Days stamp set from the most recent Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine. I had recently gotten two slimline panel circle dies that I also wanted to try out. I grabbed the darkest, what I thought was brown embossing powder from my stash, but when I heated it up it was this lovely smooth gold. (I need to write Craftstash to find out what brand of powder this is, as I highly recommend it for its smooth detail.)
After heat embossing the acorns, I used a brown watercolor pencil waterbrush to color them.
I cut the center circle out of the card base and placed the stamped/embossed sentiment on the inside. This will make a lovely Thanksgiving card with plenty of space inside for a personal note.
The envelope is stamped with brown ink on its back flap.
DAY 3 – N is for Nuts
- Pink Fresh Studio – Essentials Slim Cuts – Slim braided circles panel die -PF031ES
- Pink Fresh Studio – Essentials Slim Cuts – Slim stitched scallop circles panel die -PF032ES
- Autumn Days stamp set from Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 208, August 2020.
- Gold embossing powder from June 2020 Papercraft Society kit
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Prima Marketing Inc. Watercolor Pencils -The Basics
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Chocolate Chip