If you have followed my blog, you will know I am enamored with the Spellbinders Sunday Drive die set and all its seasonal add-ons. The Spring collection has arrived with bunnies.
For this spring card I used a tulip embossing folder from a recent issue of Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine for the background. By using a white core cardstock with green top and bottom, I could sand the top of the embossing to make it white. (Great technique I learned in the magazine from Nicky Gilburt.)
The car goes together as usual except I left off the folded roof layer as you wouldn’t be able to see the baby bunnies. The adult bunnies have separate arms, heads and body so their poses have lots of possibilities and could be used separately away from the car. For the license plate, I used a white scrap behind the green “SPRING” to make it pop and coated Nuvo Glitter Gloss over the plate and the “HOPPY” pendant.
A circle smaller that fits inside the embossed circle has been inked using a make-brush and Distress Ink.
The “Hello…” sentiment is also from the same Simply Cards and Papercraft free gift set. It is heat embossed on a die cut sentiment strip using a Spellbinder’s glimmer plate die. (Many papercrafting magazines include a free gift set that can really added to your craft stash and gives you inspiration on how to use the stamps, dies and other tools and papers.)
A sequin butterfly from my stash wings bent and adhered on foam squares is the final accent element to the front of the card.
Inside the card, the sentiment is from Riley and Company’s Funnybones series and reads “Everybunny needs somebunny sometimes.” It is stamped on some scrap Hunkydory Christmas insert paper.
The envelope is stamped on the front lower corner and on the back flap with bunnies from the Craft Consortium’s English Garden collection.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
Other Sunday Drive cards:
- Spellbinders – Shapeabilities Sunday Drive Etched Dies – S4-1053
- Spellbinders – Hoppy Sunday Drive Etched Dies – Expressions of Spring Collection – S3-407
- Spellbinders – Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set – Sparkling Christmas Collection – GLP-191
- Simply Cards and Papercrafts issue 213, Jan. 2021
- Scrapbook.com – Wafer Thin Metal Die Set – Nested Circles -UC-DIE-22803
- Tranquil Tulips embossing folder from Simply Cards and Papercrafts issue 213, Jan. 2021
- Riley and Company – Funnybones – Everybunny – RWD-883
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Recollections Detail Embossing Power- Ebony
- Craft Consortium -English Garden by Hackney & Co. – Clear stamps
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Pear Pizzazz
- Ranger Distress Ink – Abandoned Coral
- White core green cardstock from my stash (may be from Park Lane)
- Patterned paper scrap from my stash (Hunkydory Christmas insert paper)
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- Scrap colored paper from my stash
- Park Lane – A7 – 50 Cards & Envelopes – White
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Foam tape from Dollartree
- Foam squares from my stash
- Hampton Art – Action Wobbles mini action springs – AWSM012
- Advantus Corp. – Sequin Shapes – Multi Butterfly -SUL55792
- Anti-static Pad
- Make-up Brush
- Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Recollections – Embossing Heat Tool
© 2021 Sue Small-Kreider/Ully Cat Designs