“You’re not getting older, you’re getting better” was the inspiration for this anniversary card for a “better” couple. I used one of my favorite Spellbinder’s die set – Sunday Drive along with one of it’s add-on sets – Sunday Sunset Drive.
To create the rainbow oval I hot foiled the Spellbinder’s Essential Glimmer Ovals and then the sentiment above from a Spellbinders Glimmer of the Month sentiment set. (Spellbinders has great clubs of the month that get you the newest dies/glimmer plates before they are released to the general public and/or get sold out, plus discounts on other products like the Journey Platinum and Sapphire Mini die cutting machines that I use. The Mini I got for 75% off.)
The heart and star are some die cuts that have been in my stash for years most like cut from punches and junk mail.
To assemble the car and passengers I looked at the pictures on the packaging, but you could watch an assembly video too. The License plate was cut from white glitter paper. The taillights are Nuvo Glow Drops Neon – Shocking Pink and silver matte cardstock. I used Watercolor pencils on the passengers’ skin and hair. I added the yellow ribbon scarf to create the illusion of motion following the direction of the woman’s hair. (I was also thinking of an old Audrey Hepburn movie of her in a small sports car with a scarf blowing in the wind.)
Because I don’t own matching glimmer plate or stamp that would compliment the typeface of the front sentiment, I used die cut letters from gold mirror card and another of the license plates from the Sunday Sunset Drive set.
As is my style I stamped the back of the envelope with a hint of what is inside using an older BoBunny hearts stamp in red.
This card feels like one a husband might give to his wife as they near retirement.
- Spellbinders – etched die set –Sunday Drive – S4-1053
- Spellbinders – etched dies – Sunday Sunset Drive – S4-1092
- Spellbinders – Journey Platinum Machine w/Plates
- Spellbinders – etched dies – Sitting pretty – DOM-AUG20
- Spellbinders – Sapphire Mini Die Cutting Machine w/Plates
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Plate – Let Your Sentiments Shine – GOM-JUN20
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Plates – Essential Glimmer Ovals -GLP-153
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Foil – Gold – GLF-014
- Nuvo Glow Drops Neon – Shocking Pink
- Nuvo – Watercolour Pencils – Elementary Midtones and Dark Shadows
- Nuvo – Aqua Shimmer Pens – Glitter Gloss
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Real Red
- Reflections – 8.5×11 inch cardstock – Cape Cod
- Heavy White Cardstock 110# weight 8 ½ x 11 inches
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- Colored, metallic and glitter cardstock scraps from stash
- Cream #10 business envelope
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Foam pads
- Yellow organza ribbon
- Heart and star die-cuts from stash
- American Crafts – Metallic Marker – M – Silver
- American Crafts – Metallic Marker – M – Gold
© Sue Small-Kreider 2020