Making cards for loved ones requires a good idea and secrecy to make the card. For a dad who shares his love of golf with his children, is known to wear blue plaid shirts and loves green, this card’s concept came easily.
For the card base I cut two panels (6 1/4 inches x 3 1/4 inches and 6 1/2 inches by 3 1/4 inches) the longer piece I scored a 1/4 inch tab and glued the tab to the other panel. The tabbed piece is the top of the card.
I’ve used the platform from the House & Fence Pop-up by Karen Burniston a few times before and knew it would work to have Bob the Minion standup as well as provide a place to glue the green with the flag image.
The card needed some height, so I cut the middle section from another Karen Burniston die, the Little Labels Pop-up, and modified the width of the top tab. The blue labels at the top and bottom panels inside are also from the Little Labels set and are spaces to personalize the card.
All the images are stamped in a permanent ink and colored with makers and then fussy cut.
For the front die-cut “Happy Father’s Day” sentiment and its background shadow piece I used another die set by Karen Burniston. The small gold star is cut from a small scrap of gold foiled cardstock and glued it on top of the sentiment. The stamped golf images are from Crackerbox Stamps.
The card fits into a mini slimline envelope which has been stamped on the front with a golf ball on a tee. The back of the envelope has a humorous golfing sentiment along with the flag on the green. The stamps are all from Crackerbox Stamps.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Happy Father’s Day – 1164
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Little Labels Pop-up – 1183
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – House and Fence Pop-up – 1015
- Crackerbox Stamps – Rubber Stamps – “Thanks A Minion”
- Crackerbox Stamps – Rubber Stamps – Bob Golfing
- Crackerbox Stamps – Rubber Stamps –Golf Miracle
- Crackerbox Stamps – Rubber Stamps – Golf Ball on Tee
- Crackerbox Stamps – Rubber Stamps –Golf Green
- Memento – fade-resistant Dye Ink – Tuxedo Black
- Crayola Signature Blending Markers
- Brown fine-tipped marker
- Silver gel pen
- Pattern papers by Recollections
- Black and white cardstock scraps