Hi, it’s Sue here from the Dies R Us Design Team with an interactive wedding card.
This card is primarily made with Karen Burniston dies focusing on the Cake Pop-Up in a 7 inch x 5 inch card base. (I used an off-white shimmer card stock for the inside of the card and took mica spray-painted shimmer card panels for the front and back of the card.)
Cut out two of each of the cake tier pieces, two of the three scalloped edging pieces and two of the bride and groom piece. (I used shimmer cardstock for all but the groom pieces.) Fold tier pieces on scored lines as shown in the video. Glue each tier together following the video.
It is easier to decorate the cake before attaching it to the card. (I added some embellishment drops to the scalloped edges that needed to dry overnight.) Glue one set of bride and groom together on to tab at cake top. Glue the second set on to back side of cake top. Adhere the scalloped edging on to each tier of cake, starting and stopping each scalloped piece at the center fold of each tier.
Cut a 3 1/4 inch circle from silver mirror and then cut a 2 1/4 inch circle from the center of the larger circle. Cut in half and glue on either side of the card base fold. Play with the layout of your decorative pieces before gluing the cake to the silver circle. Align the cake center fold with the card base fold. Place glue on the lowest tier’s folded tabs and glue in place. Fold card closed and firmly press cake to card base. Wait until glue has set to open.
I used the fancy layered label and tiny hearts dies from the Paper Frames Pop-Up set to decorate the inside of the card. (To make the tiny hearts be visible I coated them in a peachy translucent embellishment drops that had to dry overnight.)
The sentiments for the card front are dies from my stash and the “Happily ever after” is a Karen Burniston die that I cut twice so that I could paper piece the red heart into the blue words. The gold swags on the card front are from another Karen Burniston dies set of Party Border Blends.
Hope this fun card has provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
SUPPLIES Used from Dies R Us:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Cake Pop-Up
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Word Set 12 – Anniversary
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Paper Frames Pop-Up
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Party Border Blends
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Happily Ever After
- Mr & Mrs dies (Here are alternatives to the one I used)
- Celebrate die (Here are alternatives to the one I used)
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Scor-Pal – Scor-Tape 1/4″
- Gelly Roll Pens – White
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Simply Creative Mr & Mrs steel cutting die
- Momenta Firefly’s Celebrate Happy Birthday die set 35516 R7
- Papers by BoBunny and Recollections’ Shimmer Cardstock
- Colored and mirror cardstock scraps
- Nuvo Dream Drops – Cloud 9
- Nuvo Jewel Drops – Peach Sobert
- “Congratulations” stamp by Jennifer Ellory from Cardmaking & Papercraft issue 178
- Stampin’ Up – Crumb Cake ink pad
- Neenah Social – A7 envelope – Bare white techweave
- Nuvo Mica Mists – Pecan Peach, Nebula Blue, Silver Smoke and Antique Gold
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: