Cards for men can be fun to make when they use a small die set by Leane Creatief which includes a suit jacket, a vest, shirt collar, two ties and a BBQ apron as well as a tag box. The box makes up to a little over 4 ½ inches tall by 1 ¾ inches wide and 3/8 inches deep. Perfect for tucking a note, tickets to a sporting event, or folded money.
(I purchased this die from Dies R Us when they had one of their special European dies sales, but it sold out quickly. You can get some lovely dies from around the world in these sales, but you must act quickly when you see one you like.)
For the card background I used two Poppystamps border dies to create a layered set of circles using oatmeal cookie and a dark brown scrap of cardstock for the layers under the plaid paper. Oatmeal cookie was used to cut the tags out of and a cream piece of Recollections cardstock was used to make a mini slimline card base (5 ½ inches x 3 ½ inches).
The “Happy Birthday” sentiment was cut once from a light color and once from a dark brown scrap and glued together a bit off set to give depth. A third layer was cut and glued to the back not be seen, but to raise the words up.
The vest was cut from a plaid paper. The buttons and pockets were stenciled on through the die. The tag is attached using foam squares.
A mustache was stamped using an older Sizzix stamp set in a dark brown on the back of the envelope.
Thank you for reading this post. Please like, comment, and follow this blog. 🌞
- Poppystamps – Dies – Little Circle Border Layer
- Poppystamps – Dies – Big Circle Border Layer
- Poppystamps – Dies – Happy Birthday Poe Script
- Lea’bilitie Small Box for Men cut and embossing die
- Recollections -Nostalgia 8.5″ x 11″ Cardstock Paper
- Spellbinder – Oatmeal Cookie 8.5 x 11 Cardstock
- Divinity Designs – Ephemera Essentials 6×6 Paper Pad
- Taylored Expressions – Mini Slim Envelopes
- Brown scraps from my stash
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Foam squares
- Burgundy satin ribbon