Hello, it’s Sue from the Dies R Us design team and today we are making a slimline pop-up Halloween card.
You will need:
- One lightweight white cardstock 8 3/4 inches x 3 7/8 inches
- One lightweight white cardstock 9 inches x 3 7/8 inches scored and folded 1/4 inch from top
- Two black spider web paper 8 3/4 inches x 3 7/8 inches
- Two orange leaf paper 8 1/4 inches x 3 7/16 inches
- One orange leaf paper8 3/4 inches x 3 7/8 inches
- Two 1 1/2-inch circles
- Cut from House & Fence Pop-Up set
- One green patterned cardstock platform
- Two black fences coated with clear gloss
- Two path stones from gray or black inked with white
- Cut from Holiday House Set
- Two houses complete houses including roof, trim, windows and door (I cut the door from a skeleton paper. The orange and red papers had a shiny coating on them.)
- Cut from Tree Pop-Up Set
- Two trees from gray paper
- One set of oak leaves from orange sparkle paper
- Cut from Halloween Charms set
- One Happy Halloween from black paper
- Three blacks from Happy Halloween oval in black
- Two spiders from black and use die stencils and white gel pen to ink in face
- Cut from Winter Charms set
- One large fir tree
- One small fir tree
- Save trimmed strips for additional decorations
Do a practice layout before adhering pieces to front panel (I decided I didn’t want the windows boarded up if the skeletons lived there.)
Use strong red double-sided tape on the platform tabs and on the top tab of longest white card base piece. See photo for exact location of tape. Adhere the longest card base to shorter base. The tab will be on the card back.
Use Scor-tape on the decorative paper panels, placing in one the backside of panel on all edges. To make the panels easier to position, peel back tape at all corners and fold backing paper so the tails stick out from edges as shown in the photos. Once positioned where you want press down corners and then peel off backing paper on each side and press don to adhere.
Once all layers of decorative papers have been adhered to cover all four sides of card base, place the platform on the bottom inside of card with taped edges just below the case base fold as shown in photo. Hold center tab down and peel off tape from it and the two platform tabs. Fold down card base top and adhere base to it. Fold down front tab of platform to desired position. Peel backing off tape and adhere to base. Platform should pop up when card is opened. Fold the two strips cut with platform die and glue into slots as shown in photo.
You can now decorate the card. Assemble houses as shown on packaging. Glue trees to inside top panel before gluing house to pop-up piece on platform. Glue fir trees to strips on platform. One of the orange circles is glued behind the Happy Halloween sentiment on the front. Trim fence to fit the edge of platform and bend back one section to be a gate. Trim off the gate’s “foot” as it will be a catching point when the card is opened and closed. It is easier to glue down the stone path before gluing on the fence.
The finished card will fit into a #10 business envelope. (I stamped the back of my envelope with a dancing skeleton.)
Hope this fun card has put a smile on your face and provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
Dies from Dies R Us:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Holiday House-1144
- Karen Burniston – Dies – House & Fence Pop-Up – 1015
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Tree Pop-Up -1005
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Halloween Charms– 1058
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Winter Charms -1018
- 1 ½ inch circle
Additional Supplies Used from Dies R Us:
- CosmicShimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Scor-Pal – Scor-Tape 1/4″
- 1/4 and 1/8 inch red doubled sided sticky tape
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- White and black gel pens
- Papers from Stampin’ Up, Martha Stewart Crafts, American Crafts, Craftsmart
- #10 Business envelope – kraft paper
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Dancing skeleton stamp from Riley & Company
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: