The chair die just fits in a 3 ½ inch x 6-inch mini slimline card. I started by cutting a 3 ½ inch by 11-inch piece of lightweight white card stock and folded it in half.
Next, I cut piece of patterned background paper slightly larger than 3 ½ inch by 5 ½ inch and marked with a pencil where the chair arms connect with the card back on the patterned paper and cut slits so that the printed paper could be slid into place behind the chair. Using the same technique, I cut a piece of green grassy card stock 3 ½ inch by 6-inch for the ground, cutting slots for the chair feet. Glue both decorative papers to card base.
Cut chair, arms and seat from woodgrain paper. (I made my own woodgrain paper using a woodgrain stamp that I heat embossed with watermark ink and clear embossing powder.)
Fold woodgrain chair folds as shown on packaging. Glue wood grain chair to patterned paper chair matching up the seat, back, arms and leg pieces. Train the chair to pop-up by opening and closing card a few times.
Decorate card with the Garden Charm set cutting off the charm loops. To make the basket of corn and tomatoes, use the basket from the Picnic Elements set and the fruit from the Tree Fruit set. (I had corn and red apples already cut from a Rubberneck Stamps dies set which I use turning the apples sideways to look like tomatoes.)
On the card back I cut a patterned piece of green card stock 3 ½ inch by 6-inch and glued to the card base. For the card front I cut a 3 ½ inch by 7 ½ inch piece of green printed paper and glued it onto the card base folding over onto the back of the bard. I added a small decorative topper to finish the back of the card. For the front of the card I used some of the garden charms to hint at what is inside.
The Karen Burniston “Hello sunshine, hello summer” sentiments were cut twice and glued together using a fine-tipped glue bottle for the tiny lines. This adds some depth to the words.
Hope this fun card has put a smile on your face and provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
See more chair cards below:
Dies from Dies R Us:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Adirondack Chair Pop-Up -1071
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Garden Charms -1085
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Word Set 6 – Summer – 1052
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Picnic Elements – 1159
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Tree Fruit – 1154
Additional Supplies Used:
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Papers by Recollections, Die-Cutting Essential issue 32, white, mirror and colored from my stash
- Rubberneck Stamps – Apples, Pears and Corn Die-5215-06D
- Distress ink – Walnut Stain &Vintage Photo
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Stampin’ Pad – Rubber Stamp – Hardwood
- Recollections – Detail Embossing Powder – Clear
- Stampin’ Up – Ink Pad – Pear Pizzazz
- Stampin’ Pad – Rubber Stamp – Garden Goodness
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: