Cut the two printed papers to 4 15/16 inches x 7 inches. Position them inside the card base so that there is a gap between the papers where the fold can be seen. Using removable tape, tape them together and place the chair die with the nibs over the fold.
Run taped papers with die through die-cutting machine. Cut chair, arms and seat from woodgrain paper. (I aged the chair with white ink pad rubbed over the grain.)
Glue printed papers inside card base, adding matching scraps of papers to cover the brown spaces let where chair is cut away. Fold woodgrain chair folds as shown on packaging. Glue wood grain chair to patterned paper chair matching up the seat, back, arms and leg pieces. Train the chair to pop-up by opening and closing card a few times.
Decorate card with the garden charm set cutting off the charm loops. (I dirtied-up the tools and gloves with brown ink.) The pink flowers are made with the flowers from the Tiny Trees Pop-Up set.
Fold up all the petals on the flowers and then glue a smaller flower on top of a larger flower. Add a yellow Nuvo Drop center to flower. Let dry overnight before gluing on to card.
The front of the card is made with scrap rectangles of green patterned paper with another watering can cut on the back side of the mirror cardstock and rounded with my fingers so that it pours from the left. The sentiment is a also a Karen Burniston die.
Hope this fun card has put a smile on your face and provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
See more chair cards below:
Dies from Dies R Us:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Adirondack Chair Pop-Up -1071
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Garden Charms -1085
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Tiny Trees Pop-Up – 1156
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Happy Spring – 1084
Additional Supplies Used:
- CosmicShimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Scor-Pal – Scor-Tape 1/4″
- Distress ink – Walnut Stain
- Nuvo Vintage Drops – Yellow Brick Road
- Stampin’ Pad – Early Espresso
- Foam Squares
- Stampin’ Pad – Rubber Stamp – Hardwood
- John Next Door by John Lockwood – Clear Stamps – Garden Tools
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Recollections – Detail Embossing Powder – Clear
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: