How do you dress up an old stamp set? Add it to some distressed vintage-style floral papers and stamps and heat emboss the sentiment.
My creative mojo has been missing and to jump start it I tried stamping an older Art Impressions tri-fold stamp and die set and coloring it using watercolor pencils. Next, I fussy cut out the three images and went searching through my stash for some fun paper to make the card base from.
Because I had some mini slim envelopes in my stash, I made a 3 ¼ inch x 6-inch tri fold card from two pieces of heavy Dress My Craft cardstock that is printed only on one side. I cut one 3 ¼ inches x 12 inches piece of rose patterned card stock and a 3 ¼ inches x 6 ¼ inch piece of green leaves patterned card stock. The long rose piece I folded in half and the smaller leave piece I scored and fold ¼ inch in from one of the smaller sides. The ¼ inch tab was glued to the back of the fold rose piece to form a tri-fold card.
Because the inside of the card was plain white, I added pink vellum stripes to hide my seams inside and them covered the inside front and back panels with floral patterned paper from my stash which I believe was from Stampin’ Up.
I positioned my stamped, colored and cut out floral images following the layout on the packaging to determine the positioning of the front image. I traced the inside of the opening onto the card front and used the accompanying die to die cut the hole. Next, I glued the image in place on the front. I did the same for the middle image on the second flap, positioning the image so it shows through the aperture cut in the first image and then die-cutting the aperture. The final image was positioned, traced and then glue in place on the central panel.
Decorative patterned borders were stamped using several stamps from LeCrea Designs Lacy long stamp set. The “Happy Birthday” was gold heat embossed using a stamp from an older Apple Blossom stamp set.
Stamped on the back flap of a mini slim envelope from Taylored Expressions is the clover chain stamped in the same “Always Artichoke” green ink as the inside of the card.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments. 😊
If you enjoyed this tri-fold card, check out some of my other trifolds:
Festive Foliage and Hearts – Trifold card
- Art Impressions – Unmounted Clear Stamps with dies – 4759 – Hello Friend MTF
- Apple Blossom -Parisian Sentiments by Maddy Howarth -STOBRO0009
- LeCrea Designs – designed by Leane de Graaf – 55.4025 Lace long
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Always Artichoke
- Memento – Tuxedo Black ink pad
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Gold embossing powder from June 2020 Papercraft Society kit
- Nuvo – Watercolour Pencils – Elementary Midtones, Pastel Highlights and Dark Shadows
- White lightweight white card stock scraps from my stash
- Stampin’ Up’s Tea Room Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Dress My Craft – Teenie Weenies – 12″ x 12″ Paper Pad
- The Paper Studio – Pastel Pink Vellum – 385021
- Taylored Expressions – Mini Slim Envelopes