How does Santa deliver presents to places where there is no snow for his sleigh? I think he goes in his trusted vintage white convertible with Rudolph to those tropical places. This is the sixth house card in my series of “A Week of Christmas Houses” using Poppy Stamps 2020 Winter House Pop-Up Easel die set.
This double easel card is designed as a slimline card to fit a #10 envelope. The car and Santa are part of the Spellbinders’ Sunday Drive collection.
I found both the Poppy Stamps and Spellbinders sets easy to use following the images on the packaging but recommend having a pair of tweezers handy to glue and place the tiny details. I also recommend having a small container or bag to put your die cut pieces into as you cut them out. They are quite easy to lose on your workspace or get dropped onto the floor.
To make sure the Fired Brick Distress ink I used under the Ho Ho Ho did not bleed onto the white car, I clear heat embossed the piece which adds some texture and shine to the license plate.
Because both die sets for this card are designed to represent snow and cold weather, I had to modify the die cut pieces. For Santa, I cut the sleeve off his shirt and used colored papers to have him wearing a more causal tropical shirt and created his arm by tracing around the outside of the skeleton’s arm in another add-on set for the Sunday Drive collection. On the house I trimmed off any of the snow on rooflines and used the poinsettia flowers from the Sunday Drive collection to plant in front of the house. To fit in a #10 envelope the tiny tips of the roof edge had to be trimmed off the card base.
Once again, I used peach organza ribbon to create some interest at the windows of the house. The door and roofs are inked dark with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The door wreath is from the Tonic Studios set and the palm tree towering over the house is from a Karen Burniston pop-up die set. Nuvo drops were used for the doorknob and flower centers.
The welcome mat, which acts as the easel stop, was stamped and heat embossed using a stamp from a retired Stampin’ Up set. I used a blend of Ranger Black Sparkle and Recollections Ebony Detail Embossing powders that give the welcome mat a snowy sparkle. Once heat embossed, the mat was weathered using Antique Linen Distress Ink on a sponge dauber and cut out with the coordinating die. Foam squares where used to adhere the mat to card and make it tall enough to act as an easel stop.
The “Merry Christmas” is cut from heavy black cardstock glued down. A personal message can be written behind the house.
Finished off the card by stamping its envelope with some hints as to what’s inside using a “Magical Christmas Wishes” sentiment in dark green ink.
See the more the series of “A Week of Christmas Houses”
Day 1 – From Our House to Your House
Day 4 –Keeping the Home Fires Burning
Day 6 – Santa Delivers to the Tropics
2019 – 12 Days of Christmas Trees
Other Sunday Drive cards:
A Snowy Sunday Drive with Santa
- Spellbinders – etched die set –Sunday Drive – S4-1053
- Spellbinders – Sunday Drive with Santa Etched Dies – S3-401
- Spellbinders – Halloween Sunday Drive Etched Dies – S3-403
- Poppy Stamps -Winter House Pop-Up Easel Set – 2394
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Palm Tree – 1039
- Tonic Studios – Dimensions – The Toy Emporium Die Set -1855e
- Winter Woodland Stamp set by Sheena Douglas from Creative Stamping magazine Issue 62, December 2018.
- Stampin’ Up – At Home with You – stamps & die set 143681 (Retired)
- Scraps of card stock from stash
- Matte silver cardstock
- Heavy White Cardstock 110# weight 8 ½ x 11 inches
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Ranger – Embossing Powder – Black Sparkle
- Recollections Detail Embossing Power- Ebony
- Recollections Detail Embossing Power- Clear
- Ranger – Distress Ink – Walnut Stain
- Ranger – Distress Ink – Antique Linen
- Ranger – Distress Ink – Fired Brick
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Tranquil Tide
- Foam squares
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue/PVA Glue
- American Crafts – Metallic Marker – M – Silver -62212
21 thoughts on “Santa Delivers to the Tropics”
I love this card! The Santa car wobbling is precious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Amazing, just love the dimension you’ve got with the car in the foreground and house in the background – the convertible is just a fun way for Santa to arrive. Emma
LikeLiked by 1 person
OMG is this cute!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person