Luscious purple, blue and lavender flowers, stitched with shiny embroidery floss hoovering over a raised matte gold Happy Birthday make for a simple yet elegant card.
I used a stitched flower die from Spellbinders that originally was part of their Large Die of the Month Club but is now available to everyone via their on-line shop. Initially I die-cut into an 8.5 x 5.5 inches sheet of pale blue heavy cardstock that was in my stash. I stitched it completely before trimming it down to the final 4.5 x 5.75 inches to fit on a 5 x 6 inches card base.
The larger flower petals and leaves were outline or chain stitched before filling in the centers of them using three strands of floss. The yellow stamens are French knots. While I knotted the floss ends when starting, I finished the flowers on the back side by adding dots of glue to seal the thread ends and add dimension to the stitched frame.
The Poppy Stamps “Happy Birthday – Poe Script” sentiment was cut three times from a gold piece of junk mail and glued together. The words were glued directly to the card base after determining the placement with the stitched frame. The frame was attached to the card base with thick foam squares.
If you enjoyed this stitched card, there are two more stitched card posts this week as well as pervious stitched cards:
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Spellbinders –Stitched Card Front, Border & Flower- Large Die of the Month – May 2021 – DOML-MAY21
- Poppy Stamps – Happy Birthday Poe Script craft die – 2437
- Scrap heavy blue and matte gold cardstock
- A7 white card base and envelope
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Blues, purples, yellow and green embroidery floss
- Large eyed needle
- Foam squares