Walking in the woods you smell the crisp fall air and looking up see the falling leaves swirling down from the treetops. This is the memory I hope this card evokes.
This is Day 2 of the challenge I set myself to make five cards with the Autumn Days stamp set from the most recent Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine.
I had stamped a bunch of backgrounds with the Autumn Days stamp set from the most recent Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine a color palette ranging from a bright yellow to a muddy red. This card uses one made with the tiny individual leaf stamps and the single tree stamp. The background was inspired by a card I had seen on Craftworld.com by Mandy78.
The sentiment and leaves were heat embossed in a shiny black on several shades of orange cardstock, fussy cut and adhered with foam pads.
This will make a lovely Thanksgiving card with plenty of space inside for a personal note.
Using a large sycamore leaf stamp, I stamped the envelope flap in brown ink.
DAY 2 – Looking Up and Letting Go
DAY 4 – Autumn Leaves and Letting Go
- Autumn Days stamp set from Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 208, August 2020.
- Heavy White Cardstock 110# weight 8 ½ x 11 inches
- Recollections – 8.5x 11 inch cardstock – Citrus
- Black scrap from stash
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Pineapple Punch, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin pie, Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip
- Recollections Detail Embossing Power- Ebony
4 thoughts on “Day 2 of Mini Challenge – Looking Up and Letting Go”
Love how this looks like you are looking up through the trees…and your color combinations. Lovely.
LikeLiked by 1 person