I set myself a challenge to make five cards with the Autumn Days stamp set from the most recent Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine. I made a number of backgrounds using fall colors, but I also did two with the pine branches and berries in greens and red for the winter holidays.
I did a design that I’ve used in the past of positioning the pine branches in a circular wreath-like fashion with the red berries as accents. The vertical card I inadvertently turned two of the branches in opposing direction in the corners and had to cover the stem bases with red berries. The “Joy” toppers are circular scraps from my greens scrap bin that where gold heat embossed and adhered with foam pads.
The inside sentiment comes from an older Kaisercraft stamp set, while the “Joy” came from a Love Cardmaking magazine stamp set. I stamped the pinecone stamp from Autumn Days on the envelope flap in brown ink.
I thank Mandy78 from Craftworld.com for the idea of a mini challenge for myself.
DAY 1 – Winter Joys
DAY 2 – Looking Up and Letting Go
DAY 4 – Autumn Leaves and Letting Go
- Autumn Days stamp set from Simply Cards and Papercraft issue 208, August 2020.
- Sweet Sentiments Set from Love Cardmaking, issue 9 November 2018
- Kaisercraft – Clear Stamps – Sentiments -Traditional – CS313
- Gina Marie Designs – Mosaic Triangle Edge Circle Dies
- Pink Fresh Studio – Essentials Slim Cuts – Slim braided circles panel die -PF031ES
- Pink Fresh Studio – Essentials Slim Cuts – Slim stitched scallop circles panel die -PF032ES
- Heavy White Cardstock 110# weight 8 ½ x 11 inches
- Colored scraps from my stash
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Always Artichoke, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler and Chocolate Chip
- Gold embossing powder from June 2020 Papercraft Society kit
4 thoughts on “Day 1 of Mini Challenge – Winter Joys”
This card looks fab! Love these challenges you are setting yourself. X
LikeLiked by 1 person