What do you get when you cross a snowglobe with a haunted house? A Haunted Home Dome!
This cute small Halloween card is also a Halloween decoration. The dies to make the dome are all from Memory Box. The Snowglobe Backer is the base which all four layers are glued to and needs to be cut from a sturdy cardstock. The sky background is also part of the earlier snowglobe release. The front three layers are part of the newer dome release. The tiny ghosts, bats and pumpkins are all from the Haunted Entrance Dome set.
I used patterned paper for all the layers except the backer which is a heavy weight black cardstock. The Radiant die cuts out the sky section which I taped on the backside into its frame and then glued the black backer pieces to it. Using glitter ink pens by Spectrum Noir, I colored in the night sky leaving a hazy yellow moon for the bats to fly in front of for contrast.
Each of the layers has a tab at the bottom that is folded back and glued onto the backer base flap. The front fold of the backer, I trimmed down to show more of the iron fence.
The tiny ghosts are cut from white glitter cardstock while the pumpkins are cut from orange cardstock and then colored with glitter ink pens. These tiny elements are glued onto the various layers to add depth and dimension to the open card. I used a white gel pen to highlight the tiny embossed cut features of the haunted house layer.
The die-cut “Happy Halloween” is from Karen Burniston and colored with glitter ink pens as well before being glued on to the card. (I find a fine-tipped glue bottle makes the gluing process of these tiny intricate sentiments easier.)
A piece of spider ribbon from my stash holds the top of the dome layers together. (I found it is better to tie the ribbon as a loop rather than at the hole, so that the card and easily open and close.)
A personalized message can be added to the back using a white gel pen.
The card will fit into an A2 size envelope, but I used a mini-slimline envelope. The back of the envelope is stamped with “Spooky Halloween” using a bat to hint at what is inside.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
- Memory Box – Dies – Snowglobe Backer -94491
- Memory Box – Dies – Radiant Snowglobe – 94493
- Memory Box – Dies – Winter Wood Dome Layer – 94509
- Memory Box – Dies – Haunted House Dome Layer – 94508
- Memory Box – Dies – Haunted Entrance Dome Layer – 94507
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Halloween Charms – 1058
- CosmicShimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Gelly Roll Pens – White 3/pkg – Various Sizes
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens
- Heavy black cardstock
- Patterned Paper from Pebbles – Jen Hadfield’s Simple Life 6×6 Paper Pad
- Spider ribbon from Spooky Collection
- Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
- Memento – Dye Ink – Tuxedo Black
- American Crafts – Pebbles stamps – Midnight Haunting
- Mini slimline envelope