White elephants can be seen as special creatures in some cultures. This white elephant card was made to cheer up a friend going through some difficult times.
I was trying for a rich and silky effect by doing a blend of sunrise colors over a cut and embossed background that was then gone over with a Cosmic Shimmer Opal Blaze Polish to make it shimmer. The card base is made from shimmer paper as well.
The elephant’s headpiece and covering also have some of the opal blaze polish. The leafy heart die cut was adhered with foam squares to the embossed layer, and the elephant glued to the leaves.
The foiled sentiment was one that I had made previously in a foiling session. It is adhered with foam squares.
Sequins finish the decorations.
Althrough not pictured, I stamped the back envelope flap with “sending you love and Kindness” from a Hero Arts using an ombre ink pad.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave a comment. 😊
- Memory Box – Craft Die – Leafy Heart -94377
- Spellbinders – Die D-Lites Elephant Festival Etched Dies – S3-385
- Recollections – Backyard Table Ombre Ink Pad – Pink to Purple
- Ranger – Distress Oxides – Dusty Concord, Festive Berries, Spun Sugar, Ripe Persimmon and Mustard Seed
- Cosmic Shimmer Opal Blaze Polish – Sunset Orange
- A2 envelope from my stash
- Green, white, purple, pink, blue and gold paper scraps
- A2 card base made from Recollections – 65 lb. 8.5 in x 11 in Shimmer Cardstock – White Gold
- Spellbinders – Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Glimmer Plates & Dies – GLP-191
- Spellbinders – Everyday Sentiments II Glimmer Plates– GLP-094
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Rose Gold – GLF-004
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Scrapebook.com Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll ¼ inch
- Foam squares from my stash
- Sequins from my stash
- Die cutting machine
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil System – GLS-001