The card uses three of the Memory Box Collage dies to create the gradually smaller frames that make up the tunnel of an underwater world of bubbles, seaweed and coral. (You could use just one of the dies to cut the three frames and decorate each layer differently.)
I started with two different shades of cut 7 x 5 1/2 inches and scored at 1 inch, 2/3 inch and 1/3 inch from each edge. I cut a third shade of blue 7 x 4 1/2 inches and scored at 1/3 inch form both edges. Folded darkest at 1 inch scoring on both side. Folded the next two pieces at all of the scored lines.
Next I inked up the seaweed and tinted around the edges of the openings with two shades of green Distress inks.
While I cut and inked a number of decorative pieces from the Collage and School of Fish dies, I ended up only using a few them in this card. (I often cut and prepare extra decorative pieces in a batch fashion and keep with the dies to save time later.)
The octopus is a two piece die that lends itself to being on an Action Wobble Spring. By adhering the two parts together with a foam dot, the eight tentacles are at different levels. The spring comes with self-adhesive and is stuck to the back of the octopus’ head. A black pen colors his eye. (I found that adding an extra foam dot to the back of the spring made it so the octopus could be in front of the last frame of seaweed.)
To assemble the tunnel box, I took the card base with the shell front shown in a previous blog and adhered a printed paper to left inside of card base. Then with the sticky red double-sided tape to the left flap of the outside die-cut panel with the largest opening, I adhered it to the inside of the card. (I glued in placed a glitter net over the front of this panel before I adhered it inside the card.) Place red tape on both side flaps between the 1 inch and 2/3 inch score lines on both flaps. Attach the left flap to inside of first panel’s left flap lining up with 2/3 inch score line on first panel. Attach third panel to inside of second panel’s left flap lining up with 2/3 inch score line on second panel.
Adhere a background to the card base back inside before attaching the octopus. Peel tape on right flap of middle panel and adhere to inside of first panel at 2/3 inch score line. With octopus over the last panel, peel and adhere the right flap to inside of middle panel flap at 2/3 inch score line.
The inside sentiment was stamped on vellum and attached to the inside of the card with glue dots.
Hope this fun card has provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
SUPPLIES Used from Dies R Us:
- Memory Box – Dies – Bubble Coral Collage
- Memory Box – Dies – Deep Sea Octopus
- Memory Box – Dies – Deepwater Collage
- Memory Box – Dies – Kelp Collage
- Memory Box – Dies – School of Fish
- Fairy Hugs Stamps – Sea Quote
- Action Wobble Springs – 12 Pack
- Scor-Pal – Scor-Tape 1/8″
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Gelly Roll Pens – Black – Set of 3
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Colored cardstock and clear vellum scraps
- Three shades of blue sheets of card stock
- Underwater patterned paper
- 5 x 7 inches white card base
- Foam squares
- Red-backed, super sticky double-sided tape
- Glue dots
- Green and brown ink cubes
- Tuxedo Black Memento dye ink
- White glitter netting
- 9 x6 inch catalog envelope
- Sara Davies Nautical Collection stamp set from Simply Cards & Papercraft, issue 207
- Stampin’ Up Dapper Denim ink pad
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: