Cut the two printed papers to 4 15/16 inches x 7 inches. Position them inside the card base so that there is a gap between the papers where the fold can be seen. Using removable tape, tape them together and place the chair die with the nibs over the fold.
Run taped papers with die through die-cutting machine.
Glue printed papers inside card base, adding matching scraps of papers to cover the brown spaces let where chair is cut away.
Cut chair, arms and seat from woodgrain paper. (I made my own woodgrain paper using a woodgrain stamp that I heat embossed with watermark ink and clear embossing powder.)
Fold woodgrain chair folds as shown on packaging. Glue wood grain chair to patterned paper chair matching up the seat, back, arms and leg pieces. Train the chair to pop-up by opening and closing card a few times.
Decorate card with the garden charm set cutting off the charm loops. (I dirtied-up the tools and gloves with brown ink.)
The chrysanthemum-like flowers are made with the smallest flower from the Flower Pot Pop-up or Flowers and Bee set cut like fringe around the center circle. Cut two, fringe, push up fringed petals and glue one on top of the other. Glue three flowers onto foliage from charm set. Trim foliage as needed.
Round flowerpots and watering can over a marker or glue bottle. Add oak leaves from Tiny Tree Pop-Up to potted flowers and around card.
Make flowerpots and watering can pop-up taking printed paper cut into strips, fold and glue into squares. Glue pot to square and onto card.
The front of the card is made with a label die and a sentiment from Karen Burniston Word Set 7 – Autumn.
(I used a fine tipped glue bottle to added glue to the die-cut words that worked extremely well. Then I used a fine-tipped brown pen to mark stitches using the die as a stencil.)
Hope this fun card has put a smile on your face and provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
See more chair cards below:
· Fall Is In the Air
· Summer Is In The Air
Dies from Dies R Us:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Adirondack Chair Pop-Up -1071
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Garden Charms -1085
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Tiny Trees Pop-Up – 1156
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Flowerpot Pop-Up – 1010
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Flowers and Bee – 1026
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Happy Birthday – 1030
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Word Set 7 – Autumn – 1060
Additional Supplies Used:
- CosmicShimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Foam Squares
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Papers by Pebbles, Craftsmart, Recollections and from my scrap stash
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Firefly – Nesting Label Dies
- Distress ink – Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo
- Stampin’ Up – Rubber Stamp – Hardwood
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Recollections – Detail Embossing Powder – Clear
- John Next Door by John Lockwood – Clear Stamps – Garden Tools
- Stampin’ Up – InkPad – Early Espresso
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: