For this card I used a floral window die and stamp set by Memory Box that was the gift with issue 97 of the Die-Cutting Essentials magazine. The die makes an image using tiny holes and cuts out the aperture inside the wreath. I die-cut it on a 5.5 x8.5 piece of heavy pink cardstock and then stitched it completely before trimming it down to the final 5.5-inch square to fit on a 6-inch square cardbase.
Using the needle, enlarge the holes before stitching. The larger flower petals and leaves were outline or chain stitched before filling in the centers of them using two strands of floss. The yellow stamens are French knots.
The accompanying sentiment stamps provided the “Thinking of You” was heat embossed directly to the back mat after determining the placement with the stitched frame. The frame was attached to the 6-inch square of patterned paper with thin foam squares.
If you enjoyed this stitched card, there are more stitched card posts on this blog site:
- Stitched Flowers for a Spring Birthday
- Stitched Flowers for A Summer Birthday
- Flowery Thanks
- Stitched Valentine
- Shine Bright
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
Dies & Stamps
- Memory Box – Floral Window All-Occasion Die & Stamp Set – Die-Cutting Essentials, issue 97, December 2022
Ink & Embossing Powder
- Clear Emboss & Watermark Ink
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Pink Heavy Weight Cardstock
- Queen & Co. 6”x 6” Mat Stack – Candy Land
- Yellow, Pinks, & Green Embroidery Floss
- Large Eyed Needle
- Foam squares
- Die-Cutting Machine
- Stamping Platform
- Heat Tool