Sometimes simple is best. This embroidery floss filled-tree card has a simple message and design – Shine!
This is a first try at the new Spellbinder’s Large -Die-of-the-Month for November 2020 which has three designs to cut the holes and then using needle and thread to fill-in the designs. I used the full six strands of embroidery floss but think next time I might try three or four strands for the light circles. I followed the assembly video for the die set taping off my loose ends of threads.
Once the tree was stitched, I cut down the blue scrap piece I had die-cut the tree onto 3 7/8 x 3 5/8 inches. Using foam adhesive strips, I adhered the tree onto a green piece of mirror car that was 4 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches. These layers were then placed on a 6 x 5 inches sheet of patterned paper by Craft Consortium that had been adhered to a 6 ½ x 5 inches white card base.
Using a foiled sentiment, I had in my sentiments stash, I set the theme of shing bright for the card. (I like to do my foiling of sentiments in large groups to save time later.)
The inside sentiment is one my favorites from an old Kaisercraft stamp set. I tried a new tinsel embossing powder with it.
For the envelope flap, I used a new embossing folder that has big round dots, much like the candle glow circles stitched on the card.
Hope this card makes you smile.
Dies/Foiling Plates/Embossing Folders
- Spellbinders – Large Die of the Month – Merry Stitching – DOML-NOV2020
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Plate -Everyday Sentiments II – GLP-094
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Rose Gold – GLF-004
- Spellbinders – FSJ – Big Dot Embossing Folder – EF-0044
- Kaisercraft – Clear Stamps – Sentiments -Traditional – CS313
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- Craft Consortium 6” x 6”Premium Paper Pad – Festive Flora -CCEPAD011B
- Reflections – Cape Cod 8.5″ x 11″ Cardstock
- Recollections – 6 ½ x 5 inch cardbase and envelope
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Scrapebook.com Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll ¼ inch
- Loops & Threads Embroidery Floss -Value Pack
- Stampin’ Up – Foam Adhesive Strips
© Sue Small-Kreider 2020