Bright yellow and orange flowers stitched around a golden “THANKS” makes for a sunny thank you.
The larger flower petals and leaves were outline or chain stitched before filling in the centers of them using three strands of floss. The black flower centers are French knots. While I knotted the floss ends when starting, I finished the flowers on the back side by adding dots of glue to seal the thread ends and add dimension to the stitched frame.
After gluing the gold letters cut on the front of the stitched piece, I added foam squares with glue to back side of the stitched piece behind the letters and attached to the front of the card base. The card base is an 8 x 8 inches sheet of heavy orange card stock folded in half.
This card was for someone leaving one position to start a new job, so the flap of the envelop is stamped in a gold ink stating “start of something new.”
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
Like this stitched card? Here are other stitched cards:
- Heavy yellow cardstock
- Scrap matte gold cardstock
- 8 x8 inch heavy weight orange cardstock
Stamps and Inks
- Scrapbook.com -Wordfetti Oh So Happy Clear Stamps
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Crumb Cake
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Yellows, oranges and black embroidery floss
- Large eyed needle
- Foam squares