Children’s Christmas pageants that re-enact the birth of the Christ child are the theme of these quickly made decoupaged pop-up cards.
In less than two hours I was able to make these cute cards using Craft Consortium’s Nativity collection designed by Hetz Cuppleditch. Using the 10 sheets of the pre-cut decoupaged scenes which are labeled with the layer number for each piece it is super simple to glue up these scenes matching pieces to the layer below. (You could use foam pads, but if you plan to mail these cards in the USA, you will pay extra postage because of the thickness.)
The box-like stage is created by using the Hunkydory Final Shadow Box die set using the largest of the rectangular window dies to cut from the double-sided paper also from the Craft Consortium Nativity collection. The back of the stage is cut from scrap packaging with the “Joy to the World” die cut from a purple scrap envelope (or sentiments from old Christmas cards).
An old Kaisercraft sentiment stamp set was used to stamp the back flaps of the envelopes for these cards to foretell what is inside.
Thank you for reading about these cards. Please hit the like button or leave a comment.
- Craft Consortium – Hetz Cuppleditch – Nativity – 3D Decoupage -CCDPAK005
- Craft Consortium – Hetz Cuppleditch – Nativity – 6”x6” Premium Quality Papers -CCDPPAD21B
- White coated cardstock scrap from packaging
- Purple envelope scrap from stash
- Impression Obsession – Die – Joy to the World – DIE462-R
- Hunkydory – Moonstone Cutting Dies – Final Shadow Box Frame – MSTONE076
- Kaisercraft – Clear Stamps – Sentiments -Traditional – CS313
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Real Red
© Sue Small-Kreider 2020