This sweet spring card is a z-fold card that when flat fits in an A2 (4 3/8 in x 5 ¾ in) envelope.
1. Cut three gates from white cardstock, saving the waste pieces from between the fence pickets to use as fence rail extensions. (See bottom left gate).
2. Trim arch and left flowers from gate/fence and save off-cuts from second die-cut.
3. Trim off areas of gate to make into fence. (Compare right fence to left gate.)
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 with third die-cut.
5. Glue a fence section to each side of gate. Use the waste pieces as fence rail extensions and flowers to glue the pieces together.
6. Fold right side of fence as shown.
7. Color the flowers, vine and grass using fine tip markers.
8. Taking one of the waste birds, trim off excess paper from feet and tail. Cut a wing from scrap and glue onto bird. Color bird.
9. Glue bird’s eye back into gate piece and glue colored bird over bird on gate. Use fine tip pen to add dot to eye. Glue third scrap bird onto back of bird on gate.
10. Glue the two waste arch/vine pieces to the back of gate arch. (Red outline) Add fence rails as needed to support where fence pieces were added to gate piece.
11. Cut a blue piece of cardstock 10 inches x 4 inches. Score at 3 ¼ inches and 5 5/8 inches.
12. Color the background to add grass using a green marker and clouds using white watercolor crayon.
13. Die-cut two of the “Hello” sentiment in light and dark colors. Glue light on top of dark, off setting to create a shadow.
14. Glue left side of fence to left side of card, matching bottom edges and left corner.
15. Glue right small folded flower/fence section and fold card base onto glued section.
16. Glue sentiment onto from of card.
Don’t forget to decorate your envelope and get more use out of your dies by using the off-cuts as stencils.
17. Using the waste piece from under the arch and gate, tape closed the bird’s feet and tail. Stencil using ink and sponge dauber.
18. With a fine tip pen add details to the bird.
Hope this card brings a smile to your face and provides some inspiration to your crafting.
Click here to see more cards I’ve made with fences.
SUPPLIES Used from Dies R Us:
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: