All is calm, all is bright until you shake-up the snow globe. This traditional style snow globe easel card is made with PoppyStamps/Memory Box die set with the sentiment coming from a Tonic Studios die.
This was my first go at using these dies, so I followed the package example for the assembly and easel stopper (three holly berries placed on top of tiny foam circles with holly leaves cut from thin paper.) My green base card stock was lightweight, so I double cut the base and glued together before burnishing the fold lines.
The background white circle was ink blended use a sky-blue ink and a large blending brush. Next, I spritzed with circle once with a white ink spray. The snowy ground is a specialty handmade paper I’ve had for a while. For the cabin, I used a yellow scrap for the house outline/windows. Its roof is more of the specialty textured paper. I like the variety of fir and hardwood trees in this set which can easily be cut from various shades of green and brown scraps. The scene was laid-out and then glued to together before spraying the whole scene with white ink spray a few times.
For the woodgrain globe base, I used some heat embossed stamped woodgrain paper I had made for another project. (Click here to learn more about the paper.) I cut two of the thin trim piece from gold foil cardstock and trimmed one piece to fit the top of the woodgrain base.
To assemble the snow globe, there is a white globe outline die-cut that the assembled globe is glued onto and then the woodgrain base followed by the two gold trim pieces.
The sentiment was cut three times using the Tonic Studios die. The base layer is gold foil while the top layer is a thick red cardstock that was from some packaging that I had saved. I cut the tiny green holly leaves from a green paper.
Foam circles topped with the holly berries are used as the easel stop on the bottom card base with the holly leaves cut from thin dark green paper.
A personalized message can be written inside the card base. The card fits inside an A2 envelope (4 3/8 x 5 3/4 inches.) with its back flap stamped with stamps from the Winter Stags set by Stampendous! in a dark green ink.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
Dies & Embossing Folder:
- Tonic Studios – Have A Merry Christmas – Free gift in Simply Cards and Papercraft, issue 221, Oct. 2021
- Poppystamps/Memory Box – Cabin Snowglobe Pop Up Easel Set -2470
Stamps & Ink
- Winter Stags stamp set by Stampendous! – free gift in Creative Stamping, issue 90, Nov. 2020.
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Tranquil Tide
- Catherine Pooler – Premium Dye Ink – Party Collection – All That Jazz
- Avey Elle White Ink Spray
- Simon Says Stamp Large Blending Brush
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Stampin’ Pad – Rubber Stamp – Hardwood
- Recollections – Detail Embossing Powder – Clear
- White and green card stock
- Gold foil card stock
- White textured specialty handmade paper
- Kraft card stock
- Colored card stock scraps
- A2 envelope