I was so excited when I received the Sunday Drive die set from Spellbinders in May and now I am happy to show off one of the new holiday add-on sets for the Sunday Drive collection on this clean and simple slimline card.
The die sets I found easy to use following the images on the package but recommend having a pair of tweezers handy to glue and place the tiny taillights, box-ribbon-bow, and reindeer antlers. I also recommend having a small container or bag to put your die cut pieces into as you cut them out. They are quite easy to lose on your workspace or get dropped onto the floor. (I am still finding lost antlers on my crafting table.)
All the pieces were cut from scraps in my stash. I had to use my embossing mat to get good definition on the bummer piece cut on silver matte cardstock.
This was my first attempt at foiling multiple times the Spellbinders Twinkle Lights foiling plate on one card. Lessons I learned: Be patient and let the foiling plate cool down so you can place it exactly where you want it for the second and third pass. Don’t foil directly onto your slimline card unless you want the snow embossing effect inside your card too. Foil onto a panel you can adhere later.
The card base is an 8 inch x 9 inch piece of heavy white cardstock scored and folded long ways in half.
Inside the card is a green foiled Christmas tree which was one of test pieces I had foiled previously on a die cut rectangle scrap from another project.
Finishing of the card by stamping its envelope with some hints as to what’s inside using a vintage Disney stamp set.
- Spellbinders – etched die set –Sunday Drive – S4-1053
- Spellbinders – Sunday Drive with Santa Etched Dies – S3-401
- Spellbinders – Twinkle Lights Glimmer Hot Foil Plate – GLP-172
- Spellbinders – We Wish You Holiday Glimmer Hot Foil Plate – GLP-046
- Round cornered rectangle – Kat Scrappiness – Crafters Essentials I
- Disney Vintage Micky Mouse & Friends A6 Stamp
- Scraps of cardstock
- Matte silver cardstock
- Heavy White Cardstock 110# weight 8 ½ x 11 inches
- #10 cream envelope
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Real Red
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Matte Silver
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil Roll – Viridian Green -GLF-021
- Foam squares
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue/PVA Glue