This card is my second go at using the Spellbinders Spring Collection add-on dies for the Sunday Drive die set that makes a detailed classic convertible car. On this card I went with an Easter Bunny theme complete with colored eggs.
I used a tulip embossing folder from a recent issue of Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine for the background. It took me a number of tries to find the best sandwich pieces to make this embossing folder work. (I ended up using the Glimmer plate, shim and platform to get the right pressure for the embossing folder.) This green background panel was adhered to the white card base using foam tape after it was decorated.
The car goes together as usual except I left off the folded roof layer as you wouldn’t be able to see the baby bunnies. The adult bunnies have separate arms, heads and body so their poses have lots of possibilities and could be used separately away from the car. I also added a floral swag with carrots and eggs as well as flowers to the back of the car. For the license plate, I used a white scrap behind the green “Easter” to make it pop and coated Nuvo Glitter Gloss over the plate and the “HAPPY” pendant. The taillights have Nuvo Glow Drops Neon in Shocking Pink for that bit of glow.
A circle the same size as the embossed circle has been inked using a make-up brush and Distress Oxides. It is glued to the green panel.
Once the car was assembled, and a yellow organza ribbon wrapped and taped to the back of the green panel, I used a plastic spring affixed to the back of the car to raise and allow movement for the car.
The “Just for you” sentiment is also from the same Simply Cards and Papercraft free gift set. It is heat embossed and fussy cut. I adhered it with foam squares.
Inside the card, the sentiment is from Riley and Company’s Funnybones series and reads “Everybunny needs somebunny sometimes.” It is stamped on some scrap Hunkydory Christmas insert paper.
The envelope is stamped on the front lower corner and on the back flap with bunnies from the Craft Consortium’s English Garden collection.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like, leave comments and follow Ully’s World.😊
Other Sunday Drive cards:
- Spellbinders – Shapeabilities Sunday Drive Etched Dies – S4-1053
- Spellbinders – Hoppy Sunday Drive Etched Dies – Expressions of Spring Collection – S3-407
- Simply Cards and Papercrafts issue 213, Jan. 2021
- Scrapbook.com – Wafer Thin Metal Die Set – Nested Circles -UC-DIE-22803
- Tranquil Tulips embossing folder from Simply Cards and Papercrafts issue 213, Jan. 2021
- Riley and Company – Funnybones – Everybunny – RWD-883
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Pear Pizzazz
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Recollections Detail Embossing Power- Ebony
- Craft Consortium -English Garden by Hackney & Co. – Clear stamps
- Ranger – Distress Oxides – Ripe Persimmon and Mustard Seed
- White core green cardstock from my stash (may be from Park Lane)
- Patterned paper scrap from my stash (Hunkydory Christmas insert paper)
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- Scrap colored paper from my stash
- Park Lane – A7 – 50 Cards & Envelopes – White
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Foam tape from Dollartree
- Foam squares from my stash
- Hampton Art – Action Wobbles mini action springs – AWSM012
- Nuvo Glow Drops Neon – Shocking Pink
- Yellow organza ribbon from my stash
- Gel pens
- Anti-static Pad
- Make-up Brush
- Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
- Recollections – Embossing Heat Tool
© 2021 Sue Small-Kreider/Ully Cat Designs