Puppy love… a dog in your life brings great joy. This is a card from a fur baby.
The adorable dog face with its moving ears, along with the front sentiment die and large paw print die-cut are all from Lynda Kanase’s i-crafter Puppy Face Wiper Inset set.
Watch the assembly video before putting together. The video recommends decorating the front and back of the card before adding items to the inside.
I masked off a banner on the front of the card using low tack paper tape. Next, I did a light spritz of a brown sparkle spray to create a sand like texture. Remove the tape and glue die-cut sentiment strip in place.
I used a left-over strip of decorative paper and two 1/8-inch tall strips of cream cardstock to finish the front of the card.
The card back uses another decorative paper scrap and a die-cut paw print that has its paw pads inked. I found that by attaching the tiny paws pads to a piece of low tack tape, I could easily ink the pieces with a sponge dauber.
I found that the puppy face dies have stencils within them that I used to ink with a white gel pen make highlights.
I added the “love you” inside the card using a Karen Burniston word set.
As with all my cards that are sent in an envelope, I have decorated the back flap with an embossing folder and a paw die-cut. Both the embossing and die-cut were inked with a dark brown ink. The card fits into an A6 envelope.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I the card made you smile and gave you inspiration. Please like and leave comments 😊
- I-crafter – Puppy Face Wiper Insert Die Set by Lynda Kanase – 222176
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Word Set 13 – Snow – 1167
- Embossing Folder – Cardmaking & Papercraft, issue 204 – Pawfect Pals designed by Adam Prescott
- & Papercraft, issue 204 – Pawfect Pals designed by Adam Prescott
- Brown Craft and Cream Cardstock
- Blue, Pink and Black Cardstock Scraps
- A6 Card and Envelope – Ivory
Inks & Pigments
- Nuvo Sparkle Spray – Coca Powder
- Ranger – Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Walnut Stain
- Sakura – Gelly Roll 08 – Gel Pen – White
- Neutral PH Adhesive by LINECO
- Fine-Tip Glue Bottle
- Die Cutting Machine
- Piercing Tool
- Scrapbook.com – Low Tack and Repositionable – 1-Inch-Wide Tape
- Sponge Dauber
- Craft Mat
One thought on “Puppy Love”