When you are caught eating a melon at a farm stand you know you are one in a melon!
This cute little card is made from an Art Impressions Tryfolds by Bonnie Krebs. The set has six stamps and two dies that cut the apertures or windows in the farm stand and fruit stand.
I stamped the images on white cardstock with a permanent black ink that won’t run when wet and colored with watercolor pencils. Next I fussy cut the images.
The card base is made from two pieces blue gingham cardstock (5 ½ inches x 4 ¼ inches) and a piece of green gingham cardstock cut 6 inches x 4 ¼ inches. The green piece was scored and fold at ¼ inch on each end to form two tabs to glue the two blue pieces to form the tri-fold card.
I positioned my stamped, colored and cut out images following the layout on the packaging to determine the positioning of the front image. I traced the inside of the opening onto the card front and used the accompanying die to die cut the hole. Next, I glued the image in place on the front. I did the same for the middle image on the second flap, positioning the image so it shows through the aperture cut in the first image and then die-cutting the aperture. The final image was positioned, traced and then glue in place on the central panel.
The “Happy Birthday” is die-cut from green cardstock and glued in place.
Stamped on the back flap of an A2 slim envelope from Taylored Expressions is the sentiment from the stamp set “You’re one in a Melon!” green ink.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments. 😊
If you enjoyed this tri-fold card, check out some of my other trifolds:
Festive Foliage and Hearts – Trifold card
- Art Impressions – Unmounted Clear Stamps with dies – Produce Stand MTF 4970
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley & Co. – Die Set – 1003 – Word Set 2 – Birthday
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Emerald Envy
- Memento – Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Nuvo – Watercolour Pencils – Elementary Midtones, Pastel Highlights and Dark Shadows
- Tiny gingham cardstock from my stash
- White and green lightweight cardstock scraps from my stash
- Taylored Expressions – Linen Texture A2 Envelopes
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Die cutting machine
- Craft knife
- Ranger – Tim Holtz® Waterbrush Detailer Tip – TIP33080
- Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz Stamp Platform
5 thoughts on “One in a Melon”
So cute! Makes me ready for summer.
LikeLiked by 1 person