It’s Sneak Peek week for Karen Burniston’s February 2023 release!
Every hour is happy hour at the beach is the sentiment of this mini-slimline card. It uses the new beach themed dies from Karen Burniston’s February 2023 release including Beach Borders, Word Set 16 – Beach Happy Hour, and Sea Charms.
I started with a 3.5-inch by 11-inch rectangle and folded the card at 6-inches to make a 3.5×6-inch top-fold card base.
Watch assembly video before die cutting the Adirondack Chair into the card base. I marked on the backside of the sand print paper (3.5×8.5-inches) where slits need to be cut to cover the background where the chair is cut from the cardstock. (I cut the top edge of the sand print paper with a wavy sand dune vibe.) Adhere the sky-blue paper at the top of inside of the card base above chair. Slip the sand print paper with slits into place and glue.
Die-cut the chair again from wood gran cardstock making sure the grain goes from top to bottom of the chair and armrests. Cut just the seat of the chair with the woodgrain going sideways the length of the boards. Glue the woodgrain pieces onto the card base chair.
Adhere the ocean wave paper (3.5x11inch) to the outside of the card base. Die-cut sentiments from the new Happy Hour word set and assemble. (I cut the Happy Hour twice in different pinks.) Layout the words on the front of the folded card base before adhering.
The shell and crab elements are from the new Sea Charms set while the fruity drink is from the previously released Happy Hour Charms set. I used a thin foam square cut in half to adhere the drink to the chair.
I find it fun to decorate the backs of cards with something small and whimsical. The jelly fish charm from the Sea Charms is cut from vellum and glued over a purple stenciled body.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope it inspires you and makes you smile. Please like and leave comments 😊
SEE other pop-up SEATING blog posts by clicking here.
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Beach Borders – 1230
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Word Set 16 – Beach Happy Hour- 1229
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Sea Charms – 1228
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Landscape Scene – 1141
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Happy Hour Charms – 1110
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Adirondack Chair Pop-Up – 1071
- Park Lane Paperie – 12×12 Printed Paper – Nautical
- The Paper Studio – 8.5×11 Printed Paper – Sand Photo
- Honey Bee Stamps – 6×8.5 Double-Sided Premium Cardstock – Grain and Grunge
- Pink, Magenta, Red, Orange, Purple, Brown and White Cardstock Scraps
- Clear Vellum
- Light Weight Cream Cardstock
Pens & Inks
- Sakura – Gelly Roll Pen – Medium – White
- Pigma – Micron 05 – Black
- Ranger – Tim Holtz – Distress Inks – Saltwater Taffy
- Neutral PH Adhesive by LINECO
- Fine-Tip Glue Bottle
- Sponge Dauber
One thought on “Happy Hour at the Beach”
So cute! Love the adirondack chair….and especially the jelly fish and cute little crab. Adorable.
LikeLiked by 1 person