It’s Sneak Peek week for Karen Burniston’s February 2023 release!
Some people are just flamazing. This is a card for one such lady.
The newest release by Karen Burniston has a Beach Borders die set featuring flamingos and a Rectangles and Labels Crosshatch set which were used on this card. The pop-up cake and the large flamingo are from previously released die sets.
To make the cake I used some textured iridescent cardstock which had a slick surface to it that only allowed double-sided tape to be used as an adhesive. I watched the assembly video before putting together the cake. The easiest way to assemble the flamingo cake is to stick together each layer, adhering the flamingo border as you go, and then putting together the full cake. (I used a strip of 1/4-inch wide double-sided tape along the bottom strip of flamingos doubled-over to adhere the birds to the cake.)
The Rectangle and Labels set has a variety of fancy label shapes that I used as mats on the front of the card as well as the inside for a personal greeting space and the cake tray.
(I did use one extra fancy label from the Label Charms Pop-Up set for the top layer on the inside of the card because the shinny paper was recycled junk mail with words that needed to be covered up.)
For the inside decorations I put dots of glue in a random pattern and sprinkled large glitter over them. The “Happy Birthday” sentiment and it’s shadow are also by Karen Burniston. The front sentiment was computer generated.
I like to decorate the backs of my cards with leftover pieces. The envelope flap has a die-cut of the large flamingo charm with its loop trimmed off.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope it gives you inspiration and makes you smile. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Rectangles and Labels Crosshatch – 1233
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Beach Borders – 1230
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Label Charm Pop-Up – 1209
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Happy Birthday Shadow – 1179
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Beach Charms – 1051
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Happy Birthday – 1030
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Cake Pop-Up – 1028
- Holographic Textured Pink Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Various Shades of Pink Paper and Cardstock
Pens & Ink
- Sharpie – Ultra Fine Point – Black
- Sakura – Gelly Roll Pen – Medium – White
- Neutral PH Adhesive by LINECO
- Fine-Tip Glue Bottle
- Pokey Tool
- Die Cutting Machine
- 1/4-Inch Double-Sided Clear Tape
- Advantis Corp – Jumbo Pink Holo Mix Glitter