I like making Thanksgiving Day cards for my family to let them know how thankful and blessed I feel to have them in my life.
This card was inspired by one that Nicky Gilburt made in Die-cutting Essentials, issue 81 using a hexagon base. I used a 3 ¼ inch circle die-cut base since I don’t own any hexagon dies and followed Nicky’s general instructions cutting apart the foliage corner die-cuts.
I colored the die-cuts with Distress oxide inks using sponge ink blender tools and a cotton swab for the tin acorn caps.
The thankful sentiment was die-cut three times (two orange and one yellow that was inked brown) and glued together with the top layer slightly off to have an orange shadow. (I find that using a fine tipped glue bottle really makes gluing tiny die-cuts easy.)
The top layer of large leaves, pumpkins and acorns were adhered with a variety of thickness foam squares and glue dots. The entire wreath is attached to the 5 x4 ¼ inch cardbase with thick foam squares. For the final elements, I used Nuvo drops for the red berries.
Inside an old LDRS autumn sentiment stamp was inked onto autumn leaves insert paper from the Sweater Weather foiled collection, Papercraft Essentials, issue 202.
To hint at what is inside the burnt orange envelope, I stamped the flap with a sentiment from this August’s Simply Cards & Papercraft, issue 220 and the pumpkin and leaves are from last year’s Simply Cards & Papercraft, issue 208 all in a brown ink from Memento.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
- Autumn Wishes die set from Die-cutting Essentials, issue 81, September 2021
Stamps & Inks
- Autumn Blessings from Simply Cards & Papercraft, issue 220, August 2021
- Autumn Days from Simply Cards & Papercraft, issue 208, August 2020
- LDRS Creative – Clear Stamps – Happy Fall Sentiments
- Memento – Fade-Resistant Dye Ink Pad – Rich Cocoa
- Ranger – Distress Oxides – Barn Door, Ground Espresso, Mowed lawn, Ripe persimmon, Rusty Hinge
- Yellow and Orange cardstock from my stash
- Insert paper from Sweater Weather foiled collection, Papercraft Essentials, issue 202, August 2021
- A2 burnt orange envelope from Taylored Expressions
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Nuvo Vintage Drops – Postbox Red
One thought on “Thankful Wreath”
So pretty. Perfect for Thanksgiving!
LikeLiked by 1 person