An order came for a card for co-workers to sign for their office manager who was leaving to take a new job at a library. A slimline card that would fit into a #10 business envelope was the size requested.
Decorative printed papers from the insides of “security” envelopes that bills came in was the theme for the outside of the card with the word “THANKS.” Three different envelope papers were used to mat and die-cut the word. Each mat layer was adhered with double-sided tape. A piece of double-sided adhesive sheet was attached to the back of the paper used for the letters before they were die-cut.
Inside the card was the small, heat embossed sentiment “Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence.”
Stamped on the back of the envelope is the phrase “The next chapter” to hint at what is to come as the colleague leaves to go work at a library. Knowing that the colleague liked books and coffee, they also were stamped on the envelope.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave a comment. 😊
- BoBunny – Quotations Stamp – 7310257
- The Next Chapter – Stamp and Die set from Papercraft Essentials, issue 183, January 2020
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Dapper Denim
- VersaMark – Watermark Stamp Pad
- Recollections Pearl Embossing Powder – Sapphire
- Heavy white cardstock 8 ¾ inches x 8 inches from my stash
- Three printed insides of envelopes from my stash
- Cream #10 business envelope from my stash
3 thoughts on “Thanks To A Colleague”
Aren’t you clever. I love this idea…gonna steal it. Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Steal away 🙂