A very veggie tale of how this card developed. I had received some new stamps and had tested them out. The background stamp was begging to be used and I had a test strip of the garden stamps floating around on my desktop, and thought they were a good mix.
I fussy cut the garden stamps and glued all the pieces except the banner on to the background using glue dots. Next, I adhered the banner using foam squares. The card front still needed something, so I added Nuvo drops in black. I thought the top right corner needed a tad more black, but I ended-up smearing it a bit.
A day or so later I needed a thank you card and thought this card front would work well on a craft card base with matching envelope. So adhered front to card with double-sided tape. Then I stamped the ‘Thank You” sentiment inside and the peas on the envelope flap.
E-Z-peas-z. The card was finished.
I want to give a special shout-out to my Stampin’ Up demonstrator and friend, Donna Butler, for all her help in learning to how to stamp well.
- Veggie stamps and front sentiments – Stampin’ Up – photopolymer stamp set – “Garden Goodness” -149250
- Background – Spellbinders – cling stamp – “Cool Vibes by Stephanie Low” – SBS-150
- Thank You – Inkadinkado – clear stamp- “Express Yourself” -60-31310
- Green Ink – Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Pear Pizzazz
- Yellow Ink – Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Crushed Curry
- Red Ink – Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Real Red
- A2 Brown craft paper card base and envelope purchased from Target
- White cardstock
- Foam tape/squares/dimensionals
- Glue Dots