Go Dogs Go, the classic P.D. Eastman book that so many American children in the 1960s and 70s learned to read with, was the inspiration for this card using Lia Griffith’s 2017 Party Time stamp set for Fiskars.
I had stamped, water colored and fussy cut the cars and dogs and set them aside until I figured out how to use them. I had thought about making an interactive card with them, but in playing with layouts for a slider type card, I decided I liked the flat glued down look on the brilliant blue cardstock better.
Cut two pieces of blue cardstock 9 inches x 4 inches (230 mm x100 mm) and a third piece 9 ½ inches x 4 inches (240 mmx 100 mm). Using a scoring board, I scored the longest piece down both short sides at ¼ inch (5 mm) from edge to form the flaps to glue to the other two pieces.
Once the card was glued together, I laid out the position of the cars and pendants. I used the banner and sentiment from the stamp set for the “Go dogs Go” banner and then using a stamping platform, stamped my favorite Happy Birthday stamp on the last panel.
- Fiskars – Lia Griffith Party Time Clear Stamps – 127590-1001
- Stampin’Up Blow Out The Candles stamp set – “Happy Birthday”
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Dapper Denim
- Memento – Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Prima Marketing Inc. Watercolor Pencils -The Basics
- PVA Glue – Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
One thought on “Go Dogs Go”
Love this idea of a long card. So cute!
LikeLiked by 1 person