For many graduates of 2020, there were few opportunities to collectively toss their caps in the air and celebrate their accomplishments together. This card is for the class of 2020!
The wait for this stamp and die set was worth it. The quintuple slider dies make a quick and interactive card that has the graduates’ caps moving up and down.
To start, I used a stencil to ink in a cloudy background that ends with tiny confetti being stamped in blue up to the bottom of the slider slits (as if the confetti was falling out of the caps.) Next, I stamped the arms and caps using a black ink that dries fast and doesn’t bleed if watercolored over. Using the colors of the graduate’s college, a pale blue, I colored the caps and gowns using watercolor pencils and a thin tipped waterbrush.
Next, I did all my die cutting of elements using the matching dies and the squarish quintuple slider. In my test card, I had placed the die that cuts the slots into the background card, upside down. So, making sure that I had all the slots lined up at the top end of my background and using the slider die as a guide to know where the position the slot cutting die, I cut the slots. (Watch the assembly video to see how the alignment is done.)
To assemble the slider mechanism, I suggestion watching another assembly video to understand how the slider flaps wrap around the slots and how best to keep the flaps aligned. Once the tiny foam squares are adhered to the flaps, the decorating of the card can begin. (Don’t forget to add some hint that the slider tab needs to be pulled up by adding a die cut arrow which is included in the slider die set.)
I found some scrap printable glitter paper in my stash and stamped the main sentiment directly on to it. For an added touch, I stamped “Hats off to you!” near the top front, and inside the card, I stamped “Good luck on your new adventure!” both in black. I decided the inside needed something else, so I stamped in blue above the good luck a tiny rolled diploma.
The back flap of the envelope had a cap stamped in blue to give a hint as to what was inside.
- Simon Says Stamp! -Clear Stamp and Matching Dies-Hats off Grad -sss102120
- Simon Says Stamp! – Quintuples Slider Wafer Dies – sssd112138
- Craftin Desert Divas – 6×6 Stencil -for clouds, roads, hills
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Dapper Denim
- Memento – Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Prima Marketing Inc. Watercolor Pencils -The Basics
- Ranger-Tim Holtz – Distress Ink – Salty Ocean
- White and blue card stock from stash
- Staples Printable Glitter Paper
- Recollections Value Pack of Cards & Envelopes 6 ½ x 5 inches
- Foam tape/squares/dimensionals from stash
- PVA Glue – Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue
- Double-Sided Tear Tape – com Clear Double Sided Adhesive Roll ¼ inch