Some of us love the smell of a dark roast coffee. Others love a pumpkin spice latte. All of us need sometimes to just stop and smell the coffee and appreciate life. This is one of two coffee cards this week. Look for another tomorrow.
Designed around the Funny Bones Coffeeology rubber stamp on the card front, the inside pops up with a take-out cup of coffee that doubles as a gift card holder. All the dies used to make this card are by Karen Burniston.
I recommend watching the assembly video for the coffee cup pop-up before starting this card. The inside of the card mimics the card Karen Burniston demonstrates in the video for an A2 top fold card.
For the card front, I stamped the sentiment on a 3×3-inch square and glued diagonally over a 4×4-inch piece of decorative paper. The three tiny vessels of coffee come from the coffee charms die set. (See charm assembly video.) White steam was added using a medium tipped opaque white marker with detailed swirls of a white gel pen. Throughout the card there are inked coffee beans that were cut out of brown cardstock and covered using a mini cube of Distress Ink in walnut stain.The beans are in the coffee cup pop-up die set.
The card back has another 4×4-inch piece of decorative paper and is a place to write a lengthy personal message.
As is my style, the envelope back has a die-cut coffee mug with a heart that hints at what is inside.
See more coffee themed card by clicking here.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope it provides inspiration and joy. Please like and leave comments. 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Coffee Cup Pop-Up – 1040
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Coffee Charms – 1041
- Crafter’s Companion – 12×12 Double-Sided Paper Pad – Decadent Decor
- Brown, White and Cream Cardstock
- A2 ivory Envelope
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Early Espresso
- Ranger – Tim Holtz – Distress Ink- Walnut Stain
- Dark Green Fine Tipped Maker
- Recollections Opaque Marker – Snow
- Sakura – Gelly Roll Pen – Medium – White
- Neutral PH Adhesive by LINECO
- Fine-Tip Glue Bottle
- Scrapbook.com – Double-Sided Tape -1/4-inch wide
- Scrapbook.com – Double-Sided Adhesive Sheet – 8.5×11-Inches
- Die Cutting Machine
- Stamping Platform
- LDRS – Stampendable Stamping Tool
- Stamping Cloth
- Sponge Dauber
- Craft Mat