Sunshine on a dreary dull day is the theme of this card meant to brighten someone’s mood.
(There isn’t a good assembly video for the Terrific Towers die set but there is a new release video that will give you some ideas how to make the tower card.)
Using the Pink Fresh Studio slimline circle apertures dies with the My Favorite Things 2-inch circle shaker pouches works well. The only thing I had to do was to snip in between each scallop to allow the pouch to fit through. I cut the circles apart and rounded the corners. Had to use some teal mirror card to suggest water or sky. After gluing the teal mirror card and lemon-yellow layer together, I glued the shaker pouches to the lemon-yellow layer, filled the pouches and then glued the pale-yellow backing to each. (Remember to use an antic static pad to wipe the inside of pouch to cut down on the static cling of sequins to the plastic.)
The Towers die set comes with all the rectangular matting layer panels. The base card is cut in a grapefruit orange and the panels are in a pale yellow and a lemon yellow.
The stars/suns are made from the Made to Surprise Excellent Edges die set by cutting the bottom star from orange and the top from pale yellow. The tiny 3D red and pink flowers and greenery are decorative elements I had left over from another project and are cut from the Spellbinders 3D Fun Time Cruiser die set.
Finishing touches are the stamping of the sentiment and the back-envelope flap from the What the Doodle Sun stamp set.
- Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott -5×7 inches Landscape Terrific Towers Die Set DIOB1123
- Made to Surprise by Sam Calcott -5×7 inches Landscape Excellent Edges Die Set DIOB1127
- Spellbinders – 3D Fun Time Cruiser – Large Die of the Month Club – DOML-JUL19
- Pink Fresh Studio – Essentials Slim Cuts – Slim braided circles panel die -PF031ES
- Pink Fresh Studio – Essentials Slim Cuts – Slim stitched scallop circles panel die -PF032ES
- Large corner punch
- Recollections – Citrus 8.5 x 11 inches Cardstock Paper
- Joy Craft Mirror Cardstock
- Colored scraps from my stash