Everyone needs sunshine and the feeling that someone is thinking of them. This flippy flappy card uses dies by Lawn Fawn for the pop-up mechanism as well as the sunshine motifs.
When I began this card, I made a prototype card first to figure out how the mechanism worked. I watched an assembly video and still got it wrong by putting assembling from the front instead of the back. (See photo below.) The pop-up ended up working, but the flap was too long. (I recommend watching the assembly video several times or assemble the mechanism going step by step with video.)
For my actual card I changed up some of the design to make the sunshine really pop. Adding some ink to the background die cut helps emphasize the sun rays . The sun frame is cut from yellow, and the back sun outline is cut from orange with its center circle taped into the hole in the inked background.
The “Hello Sunshine” sentiment is cut twice from a darker orange cardstock to add some dimension. A fine tipped glue bottle makes gluing the fine lines of the letters easy.
The pop-up sun face is adhered to a strip cut from some clear plastic packaging.
To give the card recipient a hint at what is inside the envelope, I stamped the back of the envelope with a background sun burst pattern stamp from Hero Arts using a brown ink onto an orange envelope.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
- Lawn Fawn – Stitched Sun Frame Die
- Lawn Fawn – Outside In Stitched Sun Die
- Lawn Fawn – Sunburst Backdrop Die
- Lawn Fawn – Flippy Flappy Dies
- Creative Expressions Craft Dies by Sue Wilson – Mini Expressions – Hello Sunshine
- Ranger – Distress Ink – Fossilized Amber
- Memento – Fade-resistant Dye Ink – Rich Cocoa
- Cardstock in various shades of yellow and orange
- Heavy weight white cardstock
- Orange A2 invitation envelope – Staples -Brights
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Sponge dauber
- Red double-sided tape
- Foam tape
- Clear plastic packaging