Coordinating sets make crafting easy. PinkFresh’s Art Deco hot foiling plate and coordinating three stencils set make it easy to create a variety of backgrounds for card fronts. I was influenced by Jennifer McGuire’s video on using a similar PinkFresh foiling plate and stencils.
I hot foiled three backgrounds making two foiled lines and one solid foil using the foil leftover. (I accidentally foiled my solid hot foiling plate with the second solid foil piece. Make sure the foil has the backing side next to the paper, not the foiling plate!)
Using the three stencils I did two versions of coloring in the shapes on the foil lines backgrounds. On one background I took the stencil with mostly triangles and used the Citrine ink for the smaller triangles and the Sunbeam ink for the larger shapes. The
ne stencil I used the Poppy Red ink for all the shapes and left the remaining shapes white. For the second colored background, I used a different colored ink for each of the three stencils. Because the Citrine and Sunbeam inks are only one shade different, I feel like the background with the white shapes is more interesting.
For the two “Thanks” cards, I glued the backgrounds directly to the card bases. Next, I cut four of the circle Thanks from white scrap cardstock and glued three of the die-cuts together. The single layer thanks, I glued to the colored background, while the foiled background received the layered die-cut.
The “Hello” card uses a black foiled sentiment from a Spellbinder’s frames and sentiment set. The sentiment and the inked background are adhered with foam squares. To add more interest, I glued tiny gold flatback gemstones from my stash. (I think they may have been in an advent calendar from Craftstash or Crafter’s Companion.) (A sticky tip tool is great for adding small elements like these gemstones to your projects.)
Because I used A7 sized card bases (5 x 7 inches), I needed to trim the bases down for the 5 ¼ x 4 inches foiled backgrounds.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Spellbinders –Glimmer Hot Foil System Machine
- PinkFresh Studio – Art Deco Hot Foil Plate
- PinkFresh Studio – Solid Hot Foil Plate
- Spellbinders – Scalloped Rectangle Glimmer essentials with Sentiments -GOM-FEB21
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Foil – Polished Brass
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Foil – Black
- Simon Says Stamp – Pawsitively Saturated Ink – Citrine and Sunbeam
- Nuvo – Hybrid Ink Pad – Poppy Red
- White cardstock
- A7 white card base and envelope
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Fineline 20 Gauge Applicator & Bottle
- Foam squares
- We R Memory Keepers – Quickstick – precision pickup and placement tool
- Gold gemstones