This card was designed for a contest on Craftworld.com, but I had my own father in-mind as I created it. The mechanical action of the waterfall combined with the pop-up words make it feel like an early silent movie. Click here to see a short video of it.
To make the card you will need a 6 ½ x 5 inch card base, four 2 inch squares, one waterfall strip 1 ½ x 10 inches, one ½ x 4 ½ inches holding strip, and strong double sided tape 1/8 to 1/4 inches wide.
- Score waterfall strip at 2 5/16 inches, 2 15/16 inches, 3 9/16 inches and 4 3/16 inches. Place double sided tape below each score mark.
- Place tape on back ends of holding strip in such a manner as to have the center be 2 ½ inches free of tape. Adhere on card front 2 inches from bottom of card.
- Make a point at end of waterfall strip with out tape. Thread pointed end under holder strip making sure the taped side of waterfall strip face up when bent over as in photos and adhere all for squares to strip using tape under the score lines.
Inside of card you can add your personal message.
© Sue Small-Kreider 2020
- Gemini by Crafter’s Companion Expressions “Father’s Day” 2 piece die set
- Gemini by Crafter’s Companion Expressions “Happy Easter” 2 piece die set
- Waterfall Card dies & stamps set from Die-cutting Essentials, Issue 60, January 2020
- Sizzix World’s Best Dad by Katelyn Lizardi stamp set – 662006
- Portrait of man from Men: A Pictorial Archive from Nineteenth-Century Sources edited by Jim Harter, Dover Publications, New York, 1980, p. 52
- Newspaper is from Richmond Times Dispatch, November 11, 1918
- Cream light weight card stock from stash
- White computer paper
- Recollections Value Pack of Cards & Envelopes 6 ½ x 5 inches
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Chocolate Chip
- Ranger Distress Ink – Fired Brick
- Ranger Distress Ink – Antique Linen
- HP computer ink jet printer ink
- Red double-sided clear tape
- Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue/PVA Glue
- Baker’s twine
- Ms. Sparkle & Co. puffy star stickers