Greetings it’s Sue here from the Dies R Us design team with a barn pop-up easel card.
Using PoppyStamps’ new Country Barn Pop Up Easel Set and lots of PoppyStamps’ Whittle animals and sun, this is an easy card to make.
1 – largest barn die out of brown card stock
1 – middle barn die out of cream
1 – smallest barn die out of red (Save all the doors and windows cut out for the backing of the “X” frames)
2 – small “X” window from white
1 – doors “X” die out of white
1 – roof trim die out of white
1 – straight line out of white
Cut animals/sun and color with markers, black gel pen and Distress Ink.
Glue white “X” frames to doors and window cut outs to form doors. Glue on roof trim.
If you plan on having doors that open, ink blend the cream barn piece edges and door/window openings.
Using clear tape, make hinges for all the doors and windows to open.
Position and glue cow to inside of barn. Glue barn to middle cream barn piece making sure not to glue any doors that are hinged to open. Glue flying chicken inside open barn door and other animals to front of barn.
Glue tab of brown base piece to back of cream piece. Test the barn in pop-up easel position. Using foam squares adhere green grass with eggs glued to them to the brown base to act as easel stops. Don’t have grass in front of the door that opens. Glue sun on to back of cream piece as if sun is rising behind the barn roof. (Make sure that sun top is no higher than the roof tip so card will fit in envelope.)
Stamp a sentiment on card base and back flap of envelope.
Hope this fun card has provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
SUPPLIES Used from Dies R Us:
- PoppyStamps – Country Barn Pop Up Easel Set – 2443
- PoppyStamps – Whittle Sunshine – 2318
- PoppyStamps – Whittle Cow – 2449
- PoppyStamps – Whittle Goat – 2441
- PoppyStamps – Whittle Pig – 2434
- PoppyStamps – Whittle Chickens – 2445
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Distress Inks Pads
- Gelly Roll Pens – Black – Set of 3
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Red, brown, cream and white cardstock
- Foam squares
- Clear tape
- Scrap green paper for grass
- Staples – Invitation Brights 24 lb.- Gummed Envelope – 4 3/8 x 5 3/4 inches
- Crayola Signature Brush & Detail Dual-ended Markers
- Simply Made Crafts by Helen Griffin – Fun Sentiments Stamp Set
- Vintage goat stamp
- Stampin’ Up – Early Espresso ink pad
- Ranger – Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
- Sponge dauber
- Stamping platform
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: