Today we are making a 3-dimensional ice cream sundae card to fit in a mini slimline envelope using dies from Dies R Us.
1. You will need:
- One card base 11 inches x 3 3/8 inches from heavy white cardstock
- One outside star paper 11 inches x 3 3/8 inches
- One red and white strip inside back paper 4 3/4 inches x 3 3/8 inches
- One wood-grained inside base paper 6 1/4 inches x 3 3/8 inches
- One ice cream dish cut from vellum with details colored with white ink
- Five ice cream scoops (I used 2 pinks, two white confetti and one chocolate)
- Two chocolate toppings (I coated mine with a clear glaze to make it shiny)
- One whipped cream topping (I used a shiny coated white scrap)
- One red cherry (I cut from red card stock, added white gel pen accent, brown cardstock stem and coated with a clear glaze to make it shiny)
- Two spoons (I cut mine from silver mirror cardstock)
- Two sets of “You’re Sweet” sentiment – one red and one black or navy blue
- Two sets of “Happy Birthday” sentiment – one white and one red
- Stars and circles for hanging banner and decorations
- One paper doily cut in half, 6 inches baker’s twine and clay red, white and blue confetti pieces
2. Fold the card base at 6 ¼ inches and place pop-up sundae die on fold per package instructions.
3. Follow the photos on working the folds. Start with bottom tier, then second tier and finally the two angled fold on first tier.
4. Glue narrow support piece to back of dish stem as marked in photo.
5. Glue white scrap to fill in rectangular hole in pop-up dish base, if covering with a vellum dish.
6. Place striped inside back and base papers behind/under card base and trace opening with pencil and cut out as shown in photo.
7. Adhere star paper to outside of card base.
8. Adhere inside striped papers to inside of card. Attach the cut-out sections as well.
9. Glue two scoops to pop-up dish and then add glue to back side of vellum dish where white inked decorations are so glue won’t show through vellum. Position vellum dish over pop-up dish base.
10. Attach ice cream scoops, toppings, cherry and one spoon to tiers, making sure that the movement of pop-up is not impaired by these decorations. Add clay confetti sprinkles.
11. Trim and fit a half paper doily under dish. Secure to base with dots of glue at three points.
12.Position and trim the other half of doily to front of card.
13. Glue the two sentiments together off-setting the darker shade in back to create a shadow effect.
14. Position and attach sentiments on front and inside card base.
15. Glue-up stars and circles banner on baker’s twine and glue in the corners over ice cream. Decorate with additional spoon, clay confetti sprinkles and paper stars.
Hope this sweet card has put a smile on your face and provided some inspiration for your crafting.
For another Ice Cream Sundae card I’ve made click here
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave a comment. 😊
SUPPLIES Used from Dies R Us:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Ice Cream Sundae Pop-Up – 1082
- Karen Burniston – Dies – You’re Sweet – 1087
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Paper Frames Pop-Up -1122
- Poppy Stamps -Happy Birthday Poe Script
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
Additional supplies used:
- Ranger’s Glossy Accents
- The Paper Studio – Crackled Stars 665976, Patriotic Woodgrain 847111 and XXl Stripe-Red/White 690587
- The Paper Studio – Printable Vellum Paper – 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Buttons Galore & More – Star Spangled Sprinkletez – NK114
- BoBunny -I Heart Stars Stamp set – 121054444
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stampin’ Pad – Dapper Denim ink
- Taylored Expressions – Mini Slim Envelopes
Don’t forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There’s a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.
For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
click below for: