What North American children hasn’t hoped for a school closing day due to a snowstorm. This is a card celebrating a snowy day in lighthearted pastels. Karen Burniston dies are used for the card.
To make this A2 size card, cut a rectangle 4 ¼ x 11 inches of pink heavy cardstock and fold in in the middle to make a 4 ½ inches tall by 5 ½ inches wide card base. Cut four decorative paper panels at 4 x 5 ¼ inches. Adhere these panels to front, back and insides of the card base.
It is easiest to die cut all the pieces you will need to make both the inside and outside snowmen at the same time so that they are similar in colors and papers used. Also cut three circles or other label shapes on which to mount your sentiments. (For the personalized message circle, I added a smaller white circle.) Think about using contrasting colors for your words and their backgrounds. (I used blue to make the mostly white with snowflake paper I used for the words standout.)
After watching the assembly video on the inside snowman assemble as directed. Once the snowman is adhered to the card base, you can begin to decorate the card. (I used a sled die-cut from Memory Box to add to the snow time activities.) Remember to balance out the position of decorations from one side of the card to the other. There are two different snowflakes in the two snowmen die sets by Karen Burniston. They make wonderful filler decorations for the card.
Because I could not make up my mind on which stamp to use on the back of the envelope, I stamped two envelopes with hints as to the card’s theme. The word cloud is from Stampendous while the snowman is from Art Impressions.
Thank you for reading. If you enjoyed this blog post, please like it and follow the blog. 😊
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Snowman Pop-Up – 1169
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Snowman – 1017
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Word Set 13 – Snow – 1167
- Memory Box – Dies – Vintage Sled – 94495
- Art Impressions – Steel Dies – Circle Double Stitched -5064
Stamps & Ink
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stampin’ Pad – Dapper Denim
- Stampendous – Winter Stags stamp set from Creative Stamping issue 90, Dec 2020
- Art Impressions – Unmounted Rubber Stamp – Scrapbook.com exclusive Snowman – 5084
- American Crafts – 348953
- Pink card base – Bazzill -Pink Icing – PS1 – 102
- Glitter paper – white from my stash
- Colored cardstock from my stash
- A2 Envelope
Additional Supplies Used:
- CosmicShimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Tim Holtz Stamping Platform