It’s Sneak Peek week for Karen Burniston’s February 2023 release!
Making sure your loved-one, who is far away, feels love at Valentine’s Day, is what this card is all about. It uses two new die sets from Karen Burniston’s February 2023 release along with some previously released sentiments and collage decorations.
I started with a 10-inch by 7-inch rectangle and folded in half to make a 5-inch by 10-inch cardbase.
Next, I die-cut all my mats and decorative frames from patterned papers using the crosshatch rectangles from the new Rectangles and Labels – Crosshatch. For the scalloped frame I used white copier paper and heavier white cardstock to cut all the labels and twist mechanism two flag arms. The small, scalloped rectangles and flag arms are dies in the Little Twist Panel Pop-Up die set.
Because my decorative papers were thin paper, I used a sheet of double-sided adhesive to adhere the paper to a piece of cardstock. I did this for the twisting mechanism and the folded panel that is glued to the twisting mechanism. Before I die-cut my Little Twist Panel Pop-Up, I watched the assembly video for the pop-up mechanism.
Using double-sided tape, I covered the inside and outside card panels with coordinating paper mats. (My favorite technique for using double-sided tape is to place around the edge of the card, lift the ends of the tape so corners are sticky, position the covering paper, you can shift the top paper a bit before you pull all the tape backing paper strips. See tutorial post,)
Fold all the scored lines of mechanism piece as directed in video. Using a ruler mark the center of the cardbase fold with a pencil. Glue one side of mechanism to cardbase lining-up the mechanism’s center hole with the pencil mark making sure the folded score lines of the mechanism arms line up with the casebase fold. Fold mechanism shut and glue other side to cardbase.
The center heart is cut from the Heart Collage Pop-Up set in two pieces. Slide solid heart into slotted heart and glue the back halves to the mountain fold of the folded panel mechanism making sure that the panel slots are not blocked by heart. Following the video assembly instructions, insert the two flag arms into the slots on the folded panel. Glue the flag tabs onto the back of the other flag. Adhere the panel to the twisting mechanism as directed in assembly video. Test and train the mechanism how to fold inside the card.
The card front is simply decorated with the scalloped frame which is glued only on the straight edge inside of the frame.
To have a white shadow behind the die-cut “Happy Valentine’s Day,” Trace the outer edge of the word die with pencil and fussy cut the shadow.Two tiny hearts from the Sending Love die set complete the front.
The inside decorations include more tiny hearts in corners of the decorative panels as well as two hot air balloons carrying hearts. The balloons are from the Balloon Collage Add-Ons and the hearts on strings are from the Little Twist Panel Pop-Up. The balloons are adhered to the card with foam dimensionals. “Sending Love” sentiment is its own die set. There are two scalloped white labels are from the Little Twist Panel Pop-Up to write a personal message.
As with all my cards that are sent in an envelope, I have decorated the back flap with scalloped heart from the Heart Collage Pop-Up set. The card is A7 envelope.
You can see more Valentines by clicking here.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I hope it inspires you and makes you smile. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Rectangles and Labels Crosshatch – 1233
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Little Twist Panel Pop-Up – 1232
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Balloon Collage Add-Ons – 1195
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Heart Collage Pop-Up – 1193
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Sending Love- 1190
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Happy Valentine’s Day – 1114
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Word Set 9 – Love – 1083
- American Crafts – The Color of Memories – 12 x 12 Printed Paper – Heart Flowers -320506
- American Crafts – The Color of Memories – 12 x 12 Printed Paper – Tumbling Blocks -320330
- White and Pink Cardstock & White Copier Paper Scraps
- Fun Stampers Journey – 8.5 x 11 Cardstock – Banana Cream
- A7 Envelope – Ivory
- Neutral PH Adhesive by LINECO
- Fine-Tip Glue Bottle
- Scrapbook.com – Double-Sided Adhesive 1/4 Inch Tape
- Clear Double-Sided Adhesive 8.5 x 11-Inch Sheets
- Die Cutting Machine
- Piercing Tool
- Sand Eraser
- Baker’s Twine
- Stampin’ Up – Foam Dimensionals