Can’t wait for summer? Here is a fun pop-up card reminiscent of summers long ago with the sweet treats of a day at the beach.
This card is made with Karen Burniston dies using the Tiny House Pop-Up to form a carton of ice-cold colas. (I used a 7 inches by 5 inches kraft paper card base and its matching envelope.) My inspiration for this card comes from Sandy Diller of the KB Design Team who made a toolbox from the tiny house, and cola commercials from the 1970s.
Cut one house and three of the cross bars from red card stock. Trim off top tabs from all the cross panels. Follow the package instructions for basic house assembly.
It is easy to alter the tiny house into a cola carton by not attaching the roof and adding a 2 1/8 inch x 1 ½ inch rectangle to the crossbar. Using a 1/4 inch hole punch to create the handle on the crossbar by punching two holes and cutting the space between them away. Glue the remaining cross bars inside the carton on either side of the main divider. And glue cola bottles to the crossbars.
The KB charms are great for using up your tiny scraps. You generally need to cut the whole shape for your base pieces, but for the top layers you can cut just the parts you need from other colors, trimming off what you don’t need.
I used some distress inks and black and white pens to decorate the various food, beach, bottles and letters. The cola bottles are modified wine bottles with caps cut form the other bottle die in the set and the crimped bottom of the caps were cut with the saw die from the tool set. The sunglasses are from the Tiny Accessories 2 set using mirror cardstock for the lenses.
Striped paper has been cut to represent beach towels.
In going through my scrap papers, I came across a piece of wax paper that had an orange glitter ink painted on to it with white card stock glued behind it. I cut the sentiments of “Hello Summer” and “Hello Sunshine” from this special paper.
The envelope flap is stamped with the Lawn Fawn Happy Summer sentiment and ants finding a watermelon slice.
Hope this fun card has provided some inspiration for your crafting. 😊
SUPPLIES Used from Dies R Us:
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Tiny House Pop-Up – 1157
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Beach Charms – 1051
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Wine Charms – 1073
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Tool Charms – 1153
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Sweet Treats Charms – 1050
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Tiny Accessories 2 – 1076
- Karen Burniston – Dies – Word Set 6 – Summer – 1052
- Lawn Fawn – Happy Summer Stamps
- Cosmic Shimmer – Specialist Acrylic Glue – 125ml
- Gelly Roll Pens – White – Set of 3
- Gelly Roll Pens – Black – Set of 3
- Sizzix – Big Shot PLUS die cutting Machine
- Colored and mirror cardstock scraps
- Ranger Distress Ink – Vintage Photo and Cracked Pistachio
- Stampin’ Up – Early Espresso ink pad
- 5 x 7 inches kraft card base and matching envelope