Quilts are cozy and so is this patchwork pop-up birthday card.
This card uses newly released Karen Burniston Hexagon Crosshatch dies to create both the patchwork both inside and outside. It also uses the pop-up mechanism from the Oval Frames Pop-up set. The sewing charms finish the card with decorative elements.
I wanted to create the effect of a flapping fabric quilt on the inside when the card opens. Cheese cloth is the inside patchwork’s backing. Glue stiffened the piece, but it has some movement. A white gel pen was used to add the stitching and sentiment of “Happy Birthday!”
Baker’s twine was threaded through the buttons from the charm set. The buttons are popped-up on foam dots to allow for motion from the twine.
The outside of the card is covered with large crosshatch hexagons and the overhanging pieces are trimmed and the scraps are used to fill in the other half hexagon edges of the card.
The front sentiment is one I used on another card that uses “word surgery” to create the word “sewing”.
I like to decorate the back panel of my cards using elements from the card.
As with all my cards that are sent in an envelope, I decorated the back flap with a birthday sentiment and a note that it was made with love.
Thank you for reading this blog post. Please like and leave comments 😊
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Hexagons – Crosshatch – 1225
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Word Set -5 – Just Because – 1205
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Sewing Charms – 1204
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Sending Love – 1190
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company – Oval Frames Pop-Up – 1079
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company Ovals – Word Set 2 – Birthday – 1003
- Lawn Fawn – Clear Stamp – made with love
- Waffle Flower – Clear Stamps – Sweet Sentiments – 271296
- Stampin’ Up – Classic Stampin’ Pad – Cherry Cobbler and Crushed Curry
- DCWV – 8.5 x 11 inches Printed paper – The Everyday Essentials Stack
- Craft Consortium – A4vPremium Quality Papers – Double-sided Solids – Candy Christmas
- A7 White Envelope
- Neutral PH Adhesive by LINECO
- Fine-Tip Glue Bottle
- Die Cutting Machine
- Stamping Platform
- Stampendable Tool
- Baker’s Twine
- Foam Dots