I decided to play with one of my new stamps and dies set from Art Impressions Tryfolds collection called Welcome Little One.
I started by following the instructions that came with the set and cut an 4 ½ x 11 inches piece of yellow cardstock and scored it at 3 5/8 inches from two long ends to come-up with a trifold card that is 4 ½ by 3 5/8 inches. You stamp the large crib first to the outside panel and die cut out the slats and crib opening. Next, using a stamping platform, I lined up the teddy bear stamp with the opening in the crib onto the second panel. Stamped and die cut as with first panel. Again, using the stamping platform, I lined up the baby stamp with the card close seeing through the openings in both panels. I stamped using Tuxedo Black memento ink.
Using watercolor pencils, I colored all the images. I went back and stamped sentiments onto each panel. The card was cute, but lacked some pizzazz, so I trimmed the stamped images down some and adhered to Prima Bedtime Story journaling notecards. Because the middle 3rd panel was a 3 x 4 inches card, I had to fold the two larger 4 x 6 inches cards at 1 ½ inches and tape the middle panel to the tabs of the other panels. Final card size is 4 x 4 ½ inches.
Using the teddy bear stamp, I used the Dapper Denim inkpad to stamp the envelope flap and I then colored the teddy bear only in the image with watercolor pencil.
If you enjoyed this tri-fold card, check out some of my other trifolds:
- One In A Melon
- Shabby Chic Trifold Card
- Festive Foliage and Hearts – Trifold card
- Santa Vintage Trifold
- Pale yellow light weight card stock from stash
- Prima Marketing Inc. – Bedtime Story 4×6 Journaling Note Cards
- Prima Marketing Inc. – Bedtime Story 3×4 Journaling Note Cards
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Dapper Denim
- Memento – Tuxedo Black ink pad
- Prima Marketing Inc. Watercolor Pencils -The Basics
- 1/4 inch clear double-sided tape