Frustrating Glue

IMG_5645I was working on this card with intricate borders to glue down and used Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue. I had a little glue ooze out from the delicate edges. Usually glue dries and you can flake it off, but this glue is still tacky after two weeks.

It ended up that I remade the card using 6-inch sheets of double-sided adhesive instead of glue.  First, I cut cardstock to the width of the border dies and then adhered one side of the adhesive sheet to the cardstock.  Then I ran the adhered cardstock through my Sizzix Big Shot machine to cut the border frames.  I cut scrap paper with dies between cuts of adhered cardstock to help remove adhesive from die. This method worked much better as well as being faster as there was no drying time needed between steps.

I used the double-sided adhesive sheet to adhere the light blue label with fish. See how smooth it is and no shiny adhesive showing.

In the future I plan to use this method of adhering my accordion cards using double-sided sheets/tape for all aspects rather than glue.

Supplies Used:

Karen Burniston  in cahoots with Riley and Company dies:

  • 1043 – Fancy Label Accordion
  • 1044 Fancy Flourish Frames

  • Clear Double-Sided Adhesive Sheets 6×6 inch sheets

Fish die was in my swap bundle. Don’t know manufacturer.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s