Angela Poole’s Flutterings -Butterfly die set is the basis of this card. This was the first time I had made this die set. I used a heavy black cardstock from my stash to cut the main pieces of the butterfly mechanism and lightweight orange cardstock scrap for the backing pieces. I watched Angela’s two videos on the assembly of the butterfly card, before attempting my assembly. I used red double-sided tape to adhere the main mechanism piece to the card base. (I cut out a rectangle in the glitter card so that the tape could stick to a smooth card base for a stronger hold.) The lacy wings kept getting caught-up in the movement, so I used tiny dots of glue to adhere them to the orange backing of the wings.
The orange ribbon was added to make the pull tab easier to pull. It opens the wings to reveal a Happy Halloween with tiny pumpkin, both stamped from an older planner stamp set in my stash.
All-in-all a relatively easy interactive mechanism to assemble, but possibly the placement of the body hinders the closing of the wings, a long with their catching on each other’s lacy edges. I’ll have to experiment some with the die set and assembly.
You can view a video of the wings in motion by clicking here.