Each day for 12 days, I have been showing card variations made with Karen Burniston’s Christmas Tree Pop-up die. I recommend watching her assembly video before attempting to cut and assemble the pop-up tree.
For all of these cards I started with an A7 size card base (10 x 6 ½ inches), but because my die cutting machine can only accommodate 6-inch-wide pieces of paper, I had to trim the cards down to 10 x 6 inches.
Day 11 – White Christmas
This card was inspired by my memories of the movie “White Christmas” with Bing Crosby and Rosemary Clooney and Danny Kaye (Yes, I had to look that one up and sure it wasn’t Bob Hope.) Every time I watch it, I keep wishing it would snow during certain scenes, but (SPOILER ALERT) it doesn’t really snow until the end of the last scene.
So this card is bit like the old inn with it’s wooden rustic floors, cold New England nights, and a bit sentimental. The tree may have the allusion of blurred tiny lights, but it is really a Bo Bunny paper of succulent plants.
For the embossed tree skirt, used an older Karen Burniston die set from her Elizabeth Craft Designs time called Cup Pop Stand. I embossed the card base and then cut the circle in the wood grained paper (from the same Bo Bunny Garden Party Collection as the succulent paper). The die cut “Merry Christmas” and tree squiggles on the front of the card are also cut from the succulent paper. The mittens sticker and the front sentiment topper came from the Echo Park Home for the Holidays Collection.
Read the past posts of the 12 Days of Christmas Trees by clicking below on the list. Don’t miss the 12th post tomorrow.
Click Here for video of all 12 trees
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company 1020 – Christmas Tree Pop-up
- Karen Burniston Pop It Ups for Elizabeth Craft Designs – 1103-Cup Pop Stand
- Card Deco Essentials Merry Christmas CDECD0003
Stamps & Ink (on envelope)
- Studio 112 – Mini-Assortment -5 – Evergreen Trees
- Disney Vintage Micky Mouse & Friends A6 Stamp
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Tranquil Tide
- American Crafts’ Sticky Thumb Double-sided Super Sticky Red Tape
- Tombow Aqua Mono Liquid Glue
- ½ inch white double-sided tear tape
- Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive Tape Runner