Each day for 12 days, I will be showing card variations made with Karen Burniston’s Christmas Tree Pop-up die. I recommend watching her assembly video before attempting to cut and assemble the pop-up tree.
For all of these cards I started with an A7 size card base (10 x 6 ½ inches), but because my die cutting machine can only accommodate 6-inch-wide pieces of paper, I had to trim the cards down to 10 x 6 inches.
Day 1 – Give Joy – Plaid
The inspiration for this card came from the red plaid back I have saved from a Christmas card I had had received in past years. I cut the tree skirt from the center of the card where there was writing knowing that the tree stand would cover the writing. The remaining plaid card became the frame for the cover sentiment topper. Some yellow ribbon around the frame for accent.
A woodgrain paper is the base for the inside of the card. The die-cut “Merry Christmas” and the printed embellishments of wrapped presents and the black Scottie dog complete the decorations. A white patterned rectangle is for a personal message.
The gold cord is tied in three circles which are laid under the tree branches with the knot and cord tails tucked into the back of the tree holes. The circles are not glued as they need to move when the card is being folded-up. The tree’s star is cut from gold holographic card stock.
I am a hoarder of leftover pieces from other projects which came into play with this card.
Follow the rest of the 12 Days of Christmas Trees with a new post each day.
Day 2 – Home for the Holidays-Village
Day 7 – Home for the Holidays-Joy to the World
Day 10 – Home for the Holidays-Let It Snow
Day 12 – Home for the Holidays-Peace and Joy
Bonus Day – Tropical Christmas
Click Here for video of all 12 trees
- Karen Burniston in cahoots with Riley and Company 1020 – Christmas Tree Pop-up
- Card Deco Essentials Merry Christmas CDECD0003
- Impression Obsession Joy to the World DIE462-R
- Scrapbook.com Wafer Thin Metal Die Set-Nested Circles
- Oriental Trader – Pattern Rectangle Cutting Die 13829169
Stamps & Ink (for Envelope)
- Studio 112 – Mini-Assortment -5 – Evergreen Trees
- Disney Vintage Micky Mouse & Friends A6 Stamp
- Stampin’ Up Classic Stamin’ Pad – Tranquil Tide
- Brazzill Thicket 12 x 12 inches embossed polka-dotted cardstock
- Sparkle & Co. Woodgrain Neutral Paper Pad 5.5 x 7.5 inches
- Printed die cuts from Papercrafter Issue 126 Snowglobe Shaker Card Kit
- Colorbők’s Brights Photo Mats
- Hot Off The Press – Gold Sparkles Holographic cardstock
- American Crafts’ Sticky Thumb Double-sided Super Sticky Red Tape
- Tombow Aqua Mono Liquid Glue
- ½ inch white double-sided tear tape
- Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive
- ½ inch wide yellow organza ribbon
- gold metallic cord
16 thoughts on “12 Days of Christmas Trees – Day 1”
Yes, it folds flat. There are videos posted on the Ully Cat Designs Facebook page.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am intrigued by the 3-d tree. Does it fold flat when the card is closed? So cute!
LikeLiked by 1 person